The Combine Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm interested in finding information on a 1973 John Deere 6030 tractor, ser no. 034391-r. It has the naturally Aspirated engine, Factory cab but no factory air conditioner. It had an after market air conditioner added. It had 20.8X38 tires and a set of 18.4X38 bolt on duals. My father bought it new in Medicine Hat, Alberta, Canada in 1973. Unfortunately we traded it in in April of 1981. It was sold to someone in the Edmonton, Alberta, Canada area at that time. Haven't heard anything of it since then. I wonder if its still out there somewhere?

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
The only 6030 I've seen around here sold at the Rimbey sale about 20? years ago. As they were selling it, something catastrophic happened to the engine. Had a cab, don't recall off sized duals. Don't know about AC. Probably went to the wreckers, Used Parts Ranch was still located just down the road then. They sold everything a few years ago.

·
Registered
508 Posts
Have one.

My boss has one. We dont use it much. Sits on the buggy at the end of the field during harvest. Lots of power. Have seeded and applied NH3 with it. Prefer the 8650. Not sure if he would sell it. Price is right he might.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Good morning. I saw a 6030 for sale on kijiji in Manitoba. I searched for john deere and it came up in the listings. This was about a month ago. If I remember correctly , it was around $22,000 , but looked in really good shape. FYI subscribe to the magazine "Heritage Iron" . They have a great book that specializes in 1960-1985 farm equipment only. It is an awsome magazine.

Good luck with your search,
Ed in Maple Creek, Sask.

·
Super Moderator
5,036 Posts
These projects can be fun, good luck!

I'm interested in finding information on a 1973 John Deere 6030 tractor, ser no. 034391-r.
I gather you are trying to track down that specific tractor?
If so I'll give some hope here, a friend of mine by pure fluke found the 4WD Stieger that he used in the 60's.
One of the first Stiegers he has fixed it up and driven it in a couple of local parades.
No cab.

That must have been the last year or close for the 6030, the new tractors with air conditioning and "Sound Guard Cab" were introduced as part of the "Long Green Line" of equipment in 1972, anyone remember those yellow hats with the ridiculously long green (of course) beeks on them?

·
Premium Member
5,233 Posts
I gather you are trying to track down that specific tractor?
If so I'll give some hope here, a friend of mine by pure fluke found the 4WD Stieger that he used in the 60's.
One of the first Stiegers he has fixed it up and driven it in a couple of local parades.
No cab.

That must have been the last year or close for the 6030, the new tractors with air conditioning and "Sound Guard Cab" were introduced as part of the "Long Green Line" of equipment in 1972, anyone remember those yellow hats with the ridiculously long green (of course) beeks on them?
Last

·
Registered
41 Posts
I thought there was more then 45 built of the Naturally aspirated ones. But if some one has one it will go for some good money.

Machinery Pete has posted that 2 turbo charged ones selling for $40,000 and $60,000 fully restored, with in the last 2 years.

Here is my dads.

·
Registered
113 Posts
I thought there was more then 45 built of the Naturally aspirated ones.

They didn't build many N/A ones, so if it's still out there, I'll bet it's been restored and not for sale, or ridiculously priced. That is providing it didn't go to the scrapper before the collectors saved it. Not trying to sound negative... I hope you find it. Like someone mentioned, get in touch with Brad Walk in Ill. He's probably your best bet. Brad Walk

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Yes, I'm looking for that particular tractor. Here's what I know now. When Dad traded it in, in Saskatchewan, in 1981 it was bought by some people in Valleyview, Alberta. I contacted them and they said they sold it less than 2 years later. They have no recollection of who they sold it to or where it went. I've e-mailed my6030.com twice asking them if that ser no. Has been through their shop, got no response. I checked with Gratten Coulee, the tractor wrecker, they have scrapped 2 6030s, but not the one I'm looking for. I've phoned some Deere dealers in northern Alberta seeing if they know of a 6030 in their area, all with negative responses. One of the dealers had their area Deere representative search the ser no but Deere has no record of it. I will keep looking!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.