The Combine Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking at getting a new well new to me corn head. I do custom combining and im not looking for a chopping head, just something that will have the least grain loss, least trash intake, and least HP consumption.

Currently running a JD 643 on a JD 9610 and the head is about wore down to junk. Im not sure the dealer would even give want it for trade :rolleyes:

Any inputs would be welcome as I have no experience with either head. Also which has less maintenance cost overall?

Thanks!
Slyyck

·
Registered
83 Posts
We run 894 corn head before Deere went to 608. Equipment jockey said 894 were built better than 608. He said they cheapened them up some. No experience with 608 myself. We have been pleased with 894. This will be our 5th season with it but it was used when we got it.

·
Registered
100 Posts
The 608 is and decent head besides every year there doing updates to them make sure u go with late model one and yes the 893 were excellent head especially if it's 01 or 02 and later the Geringhoff is heavy and extremely high maintenance especially if ur going chopper

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ok so im not wanting a chopping head. Could you tell me why drago is so good in your opinion 85farmer? Do you own/run a drago head and have personal feedback? Im not doubting anyone just looking for everyones honest thoughts of each head.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for your input farmerjones. That is just the kind of insight I am looking for from anyone who has these heads so I can make my judgement on real life experiences. Thanks again!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.