The Combine Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The guy I work for has a 620 that we checked the engine oil in the other day and when we pulled the dipstick it was overfill to the point it ran out the tube. I shut off the gas and cleaned the carburetor bowl and put in a new needle and seat and tested and it didn’t leak. I drained the gas/oil mixture and left an empty bucket under it overnight and when I came back in the morning there was about two quarts of gas in the bucket. The gas to the sediment bowl was shut off and the carb was empty. How I still getting gas dripping from the drain hole on the block?

·
Registered
981 Posts
Well I would guess the shutoff isn't shutting off and the needle and seat aren't mating up.

Quality control is poor on old tractor parts. Aslo dont use fuel with ethanol in it. Could be some rust or dirt getting in the needle and letting it seep by.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It’s not in the needs and seat as I have the fuel completely shut off. Was thinking since these use oil pressure to open the fuel shut off I’m wondering if it’s leaking into the oil lines

·
Premium Member
5,221 Posts
It’s not in the needs and seat as I have the fuel completely shut off. Was thinking since these use oil pressure to open the fuel shut off I’m wondering if it’s leaking into the oil lines
Those shut offs are known to leak gas into oil thru a ruptured diaphragm, especially with the ethonal in our gas these days. They are rebuildable but many bypass them and rig with a manual shut off similar to what the early numbered series used.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Those shut offs are known to leak gas into oil thru a ruptured diaphragm, especially with the ethonal in our gas these days. They are rebuildable but many bypass them and rig with a manual shut off similar to what the early numbered series used.
I’ll do that. Thank you.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts