The Combine Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just picked up a, new to me, John Deere 6600 combine. Wanting to do corn with it, but not sure what all headers will fit this combine. So far I’ve seen the JD 444, but what other makes and models of corn headers will fit this machine?

Im a young farmer, just gettin started on my own, any advice is appreciated. If you know of any headers that fit this machine please let me know.

Thank you

·
Registered
4 Posts
Just picked up a, new to me, John Deere 6600 combine. Wanting to do corn with it, but not sure what all headers will fit this combine. So far I’ve seen the JD 444, but what other makes and models of corn headers will fit this machine?

Im a young farmer, just gettin started on my own, any advice is appreciated. If you know of any headers that fit this machine please let me know.

Thank you

Thank you
Pozdrav.
Geringhoff, in Europe. MS-SC, My favorites. ROTA-DISC, not really.

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
I would stick with a Deere 40 or 90 series head. That combine wouldn’t like a chopping head. The reverser is undersized and engine lacks power

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
x2 I ran a Geringhoff 4 row chopping on a 7720 for years- replaced the top feeder drive belt almost every year. 6600 has no reverser, but the driveline is even lighter.

Any of the 40 & 90 series heads will work. Look for a late model 40 series low tin, or a 90 series with poly....frankly they are all almost identical. On a 6600 you want a 4 or 6 row. 6 will push the machine a bit, but just slow down. So for 30' rows .. 443, 643, 493, 693. (did they even make a 493??) 36" rows: 444, 644, 494, 694.
If you want better chopping performance, put the Calmer rolls in it. A rebuilt 693 with Calmer stuff still brings good money and will run right with any new stuff.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts