The Combine Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I've got a question about John Deeres 6602's. We cut about 100-200 acres of small grains a year. We run a 95 with 22' platform. We have been limited to how we cut fields, because of some not so flat fields. My question's are, Just how much bigger is a 6602 than a 95 in threshing, do they cut allright on flat ground, and what is the maintanice like on a sidehill combine. I found a couple on Tractorhouse and would be intrested in getting one as they are not listed for very much. Thanks for any info,

Robbie

·
Registered
108 Posts
very good combine. A noticeable amount more horsepower than a 95. I you can find 1978 or 79 model even better. Adjust the springs on the header to get the head more level if you problems cutting level on flat ground. a few more grease zerks on the leveling system and that really all it adds maintenance. We ran a twenty foot head in northern Idaho in 50 to 70 bushel wheat.

·
Registered
590 Posts
Basic stats: 6602 -- 135 HP, 44 inch wide cylinder, 4 130 inch walkers (5,728 sq inches), 79 gallon fuel tank, 112 bushel standard grain tank.

95 -- 90 HP, 40 inch wide cylinder, 4 140 inch walkers ((5,600 sq inches), 40 gallon fuel tank, 80 bushel standard grain tank.

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
Hey Robbie! I owned both a 95-H & a '02' for a number of years; ran them together for several years. Remember that a 6602 is a
Hillside combine and will level out to 45 %, as opposed to a Sidehill
6600, that would max out at around 20%. The drive set up is
different.....a 6600 Sidehill has a chain drive, the 6602 has a telescoping drive line from the tranny out to the finals.
When shopping for an '02', be sure to have a real good look
at the main frame down around the cleaning fan....just forward of it
actually. Look for cracks or substandard reinforcing there. As mentioned above, a few more grease points to hit compared to a
6600, but not a deal killer. Have a real good look at the 'dogbones'
(connect the main axle to the radius arms) Keep these well greased. You should not have any trouble cutting with it on level
ground; the adjustment on the platform leveling cables is easy if
you do have trouble. Find out how long since the primary counter
shaft was worked on.....that can be drag if it fails on a hot afternoon. Good luck with your shopping........hope you find a gem.

My '02' from the mid 90's:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hey guys I have a question here about my '02. So long story short, I entered it in a combine demo derby. Got hit a few times, then I noticed that the stick shift got all loose. It was like if I couldn't shift into any gear. It was just wobbly! Whats something that I can check to fix this?

Thank You!
-Alexis

1 - 5 of 5 Posts