The Combine Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys new member to the forum and looking forward to learning everything I can from past post and future discussions. I have a question regarding a new tractor I have bought , it is a JD 8430T and is the biggest tractor we’ve ever owned our other fleet consists of a 4560, 4440, 4020, and a 3020 all 2wd and are hoping this new tractor will help with tillage and probably a bigger bean planter in the future. What I am wondering is what size of equipment I should be looking for to match up, the specs listed confuse me because it shows Engine horsepower as 335, 255pto, 219 drawbar tested, and 298 pto tested so what number do I go by when looking to size implements? My main concern right now is some sort of vertical till such as a sunflower 6630 disc or other brand of this type or a Great Plains turbo till and possibly in the future a strip till unit. Anyone with experience what would you suggest on size for this tractor or just in general with those numbers what would you be looking for? Oh and it has 24” tracks and will probably stay with that size if it matters. Thanks for any help you can provide.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts