The Combine Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There is not enough movement in the switch for the auger to swing all the way in. The bolts need to go on the outside of the slots for auger to rest on hanger. Should I screw the eyebolt into the cylinder more

·
Registered
591 Posts
I would recommend replacing the switches with the timer unit upgrade. Solves several problems at once.
Does my CTS-II have a switch or a timer unit? Because I don't think it has either. I've seen such things mentioned on here before, and it hasn't made much sense to me.

When I swing the auger back in, it reaches the end of its travel, and then when I return the switch on the armrest to neutral the engine rpm increases slightly as the hydraulic load is removed from it. This is whether it is one second after, or several minutes after. The one time I was operating and forgot to return the switch to neutral, after a few minutes the hydraulic oil temperature alarm came on. So it seems to me that the only way to stop the hydraulics is to put the switch on the armrest to neutral.

The only auger related limit switch I have turns off the unloading worklight when the auger is folded in, and this works fine.

·
Registered
530 Posts
Does my CTS-II have a switch or a timer unit? Because I don't think it has either. I've seen such things mentioned on here before, and it hasn't made much sense to me.

When I swing the auger back in, it reaches the end of its travel, and then when I return the switch on the armrest to neutral the engine rpm increases slightly as the hydraulic load is removed from it. This is whether it is one second after, or several minutes after. The one time I was operating and forgot to return the switch to neutral, after a few minutes the hydraulic oil temperature alarm came on. So it seems to me that the only way to stop the hydraulics is to put the switch on the armrest to neutral.

The only auger related limit switch I have turns off the unloading worklight when the auger is folded in, and this works fine.
Yours would have a limit switch and it’s not set right if your oil is overheating.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts