The Combine Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What are the dimensions of a 9500 combine? Such as the height,weight, and width with out the head of course. Thanks

·
Registered
590 Posts
Height including grain tank unloading augar: 13' 5"
Transport width: 12' 3"
Weight: No head Grain machine: 21,850 lbs 9,190 kg
Corn machine: 22,220 lbs 10,080 kg

From Sept 1993 D&C brochure. If you want more, pm me and I will email a copy of the specs.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the help. We are looking at buying a 9500 and we are having a hard time finding basic info. I've been aroun Gleaner's my whole life so im pretty green (no pun intended) when it comes to Deere combines. I plan on harvesting only small grains such as wheat,oats,and barley how hard is it to set a 9500 for these crops? Also what problems did they have strengths and weakness's ? Your input is appreciated

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Is a 30' head too large on a 9500 in 60-80 bushel spring wheat as well as 80-100 bushel oats?

·
Registered
193 Posts
I would have to say yes a 30' is too big. A 25' would be a nice match for it though.

I ran a 9500 with a 25' head in 70bu wheat and was running 3mph with no losses and a clean sample.

·
Registered
149 Posts
I agree with Slyyck 30' is to big, another custom operator around hear tryed 30' and was hard on slip clutchs and not as productive as a 20-25'. 9500's are a great combine but grease it more than the manual says, mainly the walkers every day, good luck hope it works out.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
How does it compare to a Gleaner L3? I am pretty familiar with them I actually have an F2 I just need something bigger that parts are available for. I have about 250 acres of spring wheat to combine as well as 250 acres of oats. I am located in Wyoming and were we are not many people raise grain mostly because no one has a combine. What are the main things to look at on a 9500 problem areas? I am new to this forum and really apreciate the input

·
Registered
590 Posts
If you are wanting to compare the 9500 to a comparable Gleaner, the L would be very close. The separator width of a 9500 is 55 inches. If my memory serves me correctly, the L is about 52 inches. Most Ls in our area ran or run with 24 foot headers and 9500s run with 24 and 25 foot headers. The advice above should be listened to, at the yields you are cutting don't go bigger than the 25 foot header.

Problem areas? As with most walkers, check the walkers. Make sure they are tight. If not, have them checked and fixed with new blocks and depending on hours, the walker crank. Shaker arms on the shakers, other than that, just the normal wear surfaces, augars, chains, belts and bearings. Engines are not problematic, should be good for over 5000 hours, easy.

These machines are fairly simple to set and are good grain machines. We change between oats and wheat by just adjusting the sieves a little, adjust fan speed, and the cylinder concave spacing and speed. Never cut barley with a Maximizer, but follow the directions in the operators manual. Should be an excellent machine for what you want to do.

And do grease the walkers every day. Not at 50 hour intervals as suggested by the operator's manual.

·
Registered
590 Posts
And, bighorn, if in your looking for a 9500 you come across a 94x0 or 95x0 with under 1000 hours that has not been wrecked and you don't want it, PM me. We are looking for one to mothball until our 9410 wears out in about 5-10 years. These last walkers are like land, God or Deere ain't making any more of it or them.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Get a 9600 if you can find one, more capacity and in most cases the same price sometimes less.

·
Registered
149 Posts
I try really hard to look after my equipment and if i sold my combine to a-hole and had to watch them wreck it, its kind of dishearting and hard to watch, so a guess I get where there coming from when they want it to go to a good home, and if I needed another combine $9000 for a good 77. sounds like a money maker. my 2 cents tf.

·
Registered
193 Posts
It seems like elvis76 has nothing better to do with his time than this!!!
I'm not really sure elvis knows much of anything anyone on here talks about cause iv'e seen other threads where (elvis) doesn't understand why farmers ask the questions we do, and thinks we (the farmers) don't have a clue how to run or operate machinery!

Thats my 2cents!

·
Registered
193 Posts
I agree with combiness, they are very well built and easy to maintain machine. I think you would be very happy with one!

·
Registered
590 Posts
Most any attributed to an 8820 can be said of a 7720 as the only difference is the 7720 separator is 10 inches narrower, same engine, less horsepower and smaller grain tank. Same basic design.

·
Registered
149 Posts
The nice part about any John deere combine is part availabilty, and if you can by new parts its easier to keep them in good shape and reliable, i like my 9500 but a 8820 will eat it.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts