The Combine Forum banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So we have a john deere 9501 pull type combine and are probably gonna part ways with this year. Anyone have any idea what these things sell for? Ours is in pretty good shape and if you have an estimated price please make sure to state your currency too
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Vehicle Tread

·
Registered
2,209 Posts
Apparently if weathered not much value?
I only knew of one machine sold new in this area.
Does the serial plate say where they were made?
Seemed to me at the time they were planning on assembly of them in western Canada?

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Apparently if weathered not much value?
I only knew of one machine sold new in this area.
Does the serial plate say where they were made?
Seemed to me at the time they were planning on assembly of them in western Canada?
It should id have to look. I haven’t ever looked on that machine

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
That has to be a VERY rare bird. ( Unfortunately its probably the "cheap" kind of rare. ) I honestly did not even know they made these - and I work for & with combines all year round!

Any info or pictures you wanted to share would be of interest. AS far as price--maybe try to search online at Tractorhouse, Auctiontime, etc for any recent sales?

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
That has to be a VERY rare bird. ( Unfortunately its probably the "cheap" kind of rare. ) I honestly did not even know they made these - and I work for & with combines all year round!

Any info or pictures you wanted to share would be of interest. AS far as price--maybe try to search online at Tractorhouse, Auctiontime, etc for any recent sales?
Ok what sort of info?

·
Premium Member
1,330 Posts
Might be worth more know then what it was worth new. Heard of them never seen one out in the field

·
Registered
3,639 Posts
I wonder what someone would pay who has created an elaborate JD museum of sorts, there are farmers out there who have collected an insane amount of a particular farm equipment brand and to find something that very few were made of and its in good condition may be worth something to them. Obviously its still a usable piece of equipment for the person looking for a pull type combine but I have a feeling there would not be a very large market for such a unit, I could be very wrong though.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Might be worth more know then what it was worth new. Heard of them never seen one out in the field
Not sure I thought I read 75000 or something. It’s a 9500 made as a pull type. The parts between the 2 are all identical. My dad took a video this harvest not sure how I would share it though YouTube? Also big tractor power has a hood video

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I wonder what someone would pay who has created an elaborate JD museum of sorts, there are farmers out there who have collected an insane amount of a particular farm equipment brand and to find something that very few were made of and its in good condition may be worth something to them. Obviously its still a usable piece of equipment for the person looking for a pull type combine but I have a feeling there would not be a very large market for such a unit, I could be very wrong though.
I know TDKG said he was interested in buying it as he does retro harvests every year. I just wanted to get some opinions didn’t want to overprice or under price it. Might try it on Kijiji and start certain price then drop it slowly as maybe I wouldnt have to deal with trucking

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
This is a bit... I just had a call from a dealer in Ontario, who was looking for information about putting a 625F platform on a 7721 pull type combine. Apparently, the local old-order Mennonite community uses tractors and pull type combines. Self propelled combines are not used. So, there is a pretty good market there -he said he knows of a local dealer who collects the 7701, 7721, 9501, etc for use there....he currently has a couple 9501s on the lot!
So, if you know of any old-order Mennonite communities you may want to reach out - may be your best market!

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
This is a bit... I just had a call from a dealer in Ontario, who was looking for information about putting a 625F platform on a 7721 pull type combine. Apparently, the local old-order Mennonite community uses tractors and pull type combines. Self propelled combines are not used. So, there is a pretty good market there -he said he knows of a local dealer who collects the 7701, 7721, 9501, etc for use there....he currently has a couple 9501s on the lot!
So, if you know of any old-order Mennonite communities you may want to reach out - may be your best market!
Do you know if that dealer has a website or anything?

1 - 20 of 45 Posts