The Combine Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Have 5 or so louvers that need replaced(on 9550 they were replaceable). Have the chaffer out an don't see how you remove or install them. Where the adjustment rod goes you can take that apart but the other c channels don't have that removeable clip, one side has a slot an the othe just a hole. Dare I cut a slot in it so I can remove louver an than take a peice of light flat iron an weld it to the side to hold it back in. Don't understand why you can buy the louvers and can't take it the old chaffer louvers out. What iam I missing. This is a touch set chaffer if it makes any difference.

·
Registered
4,497 Posts
If I remember correctly when they went to 60 series you cant pull the ribbon out of the sieve...we use to do this on all machines since 9000 series came in ...I remember pulling the sieves out of a demo unit and saying "ohh"...that's a stuff up!!

Ant...good luck

·
Registered
261 Posts
I had to replace them on 1177H4, and the only way to do it is to cut them out and have new ones made and weld in. Did it, paint it, looks awesome. Lots of work though. The problem was to find the person who has the press do make them the way the originals were.
Let me se if i still have the pictures and I'll post them

·
Registered
17 Posts
You probably have the early style chaffer. I went through this same thing on a 9660STS (716xxx Serial Number). The outside 2 channels were not slotted so therefor the individual louver would not come out without having to cut on the chaffer frame. The easiest fix is to order a new chaffer (AXE20457 in my case), and it should have the slots in the outside 2 channels with the ribbon deal you can pull out so next time you can replace the louvers individually.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
What if I cut slots in frame of the outside an weld a flat iron to the frame to hold the louver in. Is this going to mess the bal of the chaffer up an have it go to pieces on me.

·
Registered
269 Posts
What if I cut slots in frame of the outside an weld a flat iron to the frame to hold the louver in. Is this going to mess the bal of the chaffer up an have it go to pieces on me.
You really don't want things flying-apart back in the cleaning shoe!...Gets expensive quick...easier and cheaper to keep chaffers, sieves, frames, arms, bushings, etc in good shape.

A penny saved can cost thousands in parts and labor!

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thats what i was afraid of dont want to throw the seives an frame out the back. i'll put a new chaffer in it just sucks $100 would fix this one instead of $1200. The holes where the louvers go r not worn an the rest of the louvers wires r hardly worn.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts