The Combine Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I recently purchased a 97' John Deere CTS. I have heard many great things about this combine but i have also heard some bad things. I have also heard that the CTS is in a 9500 jd's body, and wondering if this is true. I would also like to know how this combine compares to a 9600 or even 9500. I farm peas, lentils, wheat, canary seed, and durum.

It would be nice to hear some opinions on the CTS and how it compares to other combines. Would really appreciate more info. Thanks to all!

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I know enough about this machine to know that it's a good machine. I was wondering what others opinions are of it and about other things that i dont know. Just wanting to know others opinions.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Some people are just jerks arent they mate.
I think JD should have stayed with the CTS design, just in a bigger chassis.
Yes they are in a 9500 chassis and they will defiantly out perform a 9600 and especially a 9500.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, that's exactly what I want to know, i haven't had a lot of experience with the 9600 so that's good to know, appreciate it.

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
Don't they offer a C670 in Europe? Those guys always get the good stuff. If they still offered a CTS i probably wouldn't be driving the other christmas color
It would at least be a very difficult decision for me between the two. And don't pay elvis76 any mind he is just a troll.

·
Registered
607 Posts
I don't think that the CTS has a 9500 chassis I know the STS does, and the CTS has the 9600 chassis
The STS has a 55in feeder house like a 9500, and a CTS has a 65in feeder house and cylinder like a 9600.

·
Registered
607 Posts
well its your word ageist mine. but I worked for a CH this fall doing pinto beans that has one, and i put a tape on it came out to 64-65 in.

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
one of the aftermarket parts stores that sells specialty cylinders for JD combines has a note at the bottom of his page aying: "CTS owners note the CTS combine takes a 9500 cylinder"

·
Registered
790 Posts
Sorry, CTS is in a 9500 body, except for the beater, walkers and hopper topper. It has a 9600 engine. It has less loss in most crops but smaller than 9600 in canola where the shoe limits capacity. Any over threshing overloads the shoe. CTSi in Europe is still a 55" body. The T670 is in a 9600 body.

·
Registered
790 Posts
It's 65.6" in Canada. Check Deere website...http://configurator.deere.com/servlet/com.deere.u90947.eproducts.view.servlets.EquipmentSummaryServlet?userAct ion=additionalInfo

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Well as I recall I already said that I knew enough about this combine to know that it is going to do the job that I need it to do. And I did not say once that I did not research it, so saying that I did not research it makes no sense. I think you should be able to back yourself up if you are going to say something like that....

1 - 20 of 33 Posts