The Combine Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Our 9500 dies intermittently. Sometimes it will run for an hour other times it runs for just a few seconds. Its like you just shut the key off.. I have checked the battery's the solenoids behind the battery and the shut off solenoid on the injection pump. Need suggestions or tricks to try.

·
Registered
790 Posts
There is a wire hanging down the back of the engine near the dipstick is....if it rubs a bit on the engine block it can short out and kill the engine. Inspect very closely as it may be hard to see but it doesnt take much to cause problems

·
Registered
77 Posts
Did you unplug and replug a wiring harness on the engine. We had aplug on the fuel pump where where one of the prongs was not making contact all the time. Engine would quit and restart right up but you never knew when it was going to quit. Took us a few days to figure it out, really frustrating. Sounds like you have a similiar problem

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have cleaned as many wiring harness connections on the engine as i can see. I took the connections out of the ECU on the rear of the engine compartment and cleaned those. checked all the grounds that i can find. I will take all the suggestions that i can get

·
Registered
65 Posts
I have cleaned as many wiring harness connections on the engine as i can see. I took the connections out of the ECU on the rear of the engine compartment and cleaned those. checked all the grounds that i can find. I will take all the suggestions that i can get
Are you getting a 34 code?

My 9610 started doing what yours is doing this year. Turned out the ECM that is bolted to the back panel of the engine compartment was going bad. $2100 for that freakin' thing.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Yeah we are getting a 34e code and a 41e code. I sure hope its not that!
Rack position error.

Yep. I'd get 34E everytime it would die, and 41e randomly. Does it also hiccup randomly at all when it's idling, like it's running out of fuel for a second, then back to idling normal?

If yes, call your JD dealer. They can plug into the ECM and tell if it's bad or not. My ECM wouldn't even show the complete vin number properly and would erratically respond.

It's either the injection pump, wiring, or ECM. It's most likely the ECM by a fair margin.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.