The Combine Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i went out and about today to see corn harvest. Well i came across my cousens farm. he owns a 9750. I think it looks mean with the rice and canes on it. I also came across a 9760 bullet rotor that was waiting for the trucks to get back so it could unload.

Mason

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
Also curious how the yields are...we all know the south isnt an ideal place to raise corn since it gets way too hot for corn to really put out all that it can. Which is why the cornbelt is the king of corn, but it'll be interesting to see if a great year for the south can come out and try to give us cornbelt fellas a run for our money in the future.

·
Registered
660 Posts
What was the moisture on that corn? Pictures look great! Also, what type of camera is that?

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Quote:Also curious how the yields are...we all know the south isnt an ideal place to raise corn since it gets way too hot for corn to really put out all that it can. Which is why the cornbelt is the king of corn, but it'll be interesting to see if a great year for the south can come out and try to give us cornbelt fellas a run for our money in the future.

Actually there is alot of corn raised around here. Right now we are in a heat wave but most of the time its pretty cool down here. Corn isnt doing to bad. It could be better but the drought and heat wave have made it difficult. Yeilds right now are any where between 160 to 180.

·
Registered
166 Posts
mason72x your not the only one that has been waiting on trucks i was in victoria tx the corn was yielding around 160 -190 and it was also hot

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Quote:mason72x your not the only one that has been waiting on trucks i was in victoria tx the corn was yielding around 160 -190 and it was also hot

Yeah i saw alot of farmers in the feild waiting on trucks because they were full. Some of them had quit for the day because of the long line at the grainery.

Mason

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
We took our first load of dryland corn August 15th here in Pratt... they've already cut over 50,000 bushels of dryland so far at the elevator I work for, that doesn't include the other 5 or 6 branches (maybe more I forget). Gonna be a good harvest too I hope.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts