The Combine Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
611 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I just got the new 560m baler and they threw in a roll of john deere netwrap. That roll cost 400 dollars at 9700 feet. at 2 wraps I got real close to 200 bales...I probably used a bit more wrap because of the break in small bale period. Anyway what is everyone else using here...John Deere sells a ECO wrap and they seem to be always sold out of that stuff. I found some at Peavy Mart for $199 for a 7000 ft roll. UFA sells some to but I havent looked into it yet.

·
Registered
316 Posts
We use the Deere stuff most of the time. Secret is to order it in the winter and get a substantial discount. Have tried other brands. Was surprised to find peavey mart stuff was good. Deere and NH branded net is made by Tama of Israel.

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
We always used Deere wrap in our 567 and 568. That said we bought a Kuhn last last year and have been using other brands with good success. We have stayed away from the cheapest

·
Registered
342 Posts
I started using UFA's movwrap when we switched to net and have got along good with it. Granted we are in using it in a massey baler. Consensus around here is is once you find one that works stick with it.

·
Registered
461 Posts
have used the white rolls from coop in our 569. more fibres come off and give troubles with the little sensor that detects whether wrap is in the bale chamber or not. just find its easier to pay the extra for the john deere (tama) wrap. fewer switches with the extra 2700 feet is nice too. if you ever have trouble its usually going to be with the first couple bales off a roll so the fewer changes the better......

·
Registered
336 Posts
Deere net wrap has been the gold standard for us too, we run a 569, but have had pretty decent success with the wrap that northern ranching is selling. Not sure who makes it for them, but it's been pretty good quality and trouble free the last 2 years. The odd hang up on the last bale from the roll, seems like the adhesive from the manufacturing process to get the wrap on the tube was causing a small hiccup. Baby powder on the rubber roller after installing a new roll and away we go....

·
Registered
45 Posts
Farmshop, did you try the JD coveredge in the Kuhn and if so did it work?
I've just purchased a Kuhn baler and have been running a JD baler prior with coveredge.

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
We have not tried it. I was at a training day at our dealer and the field service rep for Kuhn says it will work. We used some other tama wrap that wasn’t cover edge and it worked well. You have to look at wraps closely some claim to be 48” wide but come up short and leave a raggy edge on the bales

·
Registered
611 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for the suggestions... Im going to see how much the UFA roll costs and compare each one... The jd roll worked good... just at 2 dollars a bale is getting pretty expensive.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I've used both JD and NH Netwrap and both "sometimes" give me trouble shortly before the end of the roll. I say sometimes because it doesn't happen all of the time. The last roll I used (which happened to be a NH roll) I used the whole roll. Most rolls, once they get down to fewer bales left, I have to manually wrap them to use the whole roll. I assumed it was my netbrake settings but the roll I used the whole roll on sort of threw that theory out the window.

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
On our John Deere baler before John Deere went to the rolls with plastic ends if you left the plugs out they would act goofy. I would guess the net brake not being tight enough causes the roll to over spin after it cuts

1 - 12 of 12 Posts