The Combine Forum banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone who buys john deere equipment for the name and over pays is a poor farm manager. I am astonished at the number of farmers who pay a premium to buy jd equipment for no other reason than it is john deere. These guys are IDIOTS!!! Thanks for driving the price of equipment up

·
Registered
382 Posts
Anyone who buys john deere equipment for the name and over pays is a poor farm manager. I am astonished at the number of farmers who pay a premium to buy jd equipment for no other reason than it is john deere. These guys are IDIOTS!!! Thanks for driving the price of equipment up
Lets change a few words here........:)
Anyone who buys BMW cars for the name and over pays is a poor car driver. I am astonished at the number of drivers who pay a premium to buy BMW cars for no other reason than it is BMW. These guys are IDIOTS!!! Thanks for driving the price of cars up.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I thought that too, been JD almost exclusively for our row crop tractors, and bought blue last year.

I learned you get what you pay for. No major dramas, just lots of small ones. Between downtime and travel time, which isn't covered by warranty, that price difference isn't going to be much by replacement time.

·
Premium Member
8,228 Posts
WOW.....I was wondering who to blame for all that high-priced equipment! I'll bet it's the same "IDIOTS" that are buying up all the available land too?:D

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
I guess i'm an idiot for getting an overpriced 9460r can't wait till it comes by the way:D, or maybe it's that i'm getting rid of my puma for a 6190r, but there sure are lots of idiots out there buying JD that's for sure.

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
You earn the money its up to you what you spend it on, and what you would rather spend the day sitting in. if you see all the RD that JD do. you would understand.

·
Registered
849 Posts
1. whats it matter to you what others do with there money?

2. are the guys that are all any "other brand" just as much idiot for being color blind?

3. does color blind only apply to deere people? sure seems that way on agtalk.

4. if a guy uses john deere equipment and has had good luck with it, has good dealer support why would he look else where?

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
There is only one group of people who are more one eyed that John Deere fans and that is those who hate John Deere.

Funny thing is they always seem to be very competitive on price here; often even cheaper.

Little man you must be disapointed in the quotes you have recieved when you have priced john deere vs other makes to get you all het up. you must really want that jd equipment to be this disallusioned.:)

·
Registered
931 Posts
Funny thing i was shopping for a new sprayer last fall had priced a 1020 Apachie then asked my Deere dealer for a demo before the demo came he gave me a cash price on a new 4730 and it was cheaper than the stripped down 1020 so they are not always over priced.

·
Registered
472 Posts
It amazes me how much some people worry about what other farmers are buying for equipment what it the difference. If you think deere is more money than everything else you should try pricing other colors out they are all pretty close in price. Yes I run deere have a 9360r in the shed and it was worth every penny in rd and little things that the day easier .

·
Registered
1,997 Posts
I have a mixed bag of colors. JD equipment is not always the highest, nor is it always the best. IMO, it is all overpriced recycled vegetation. I try to buy what fits the job the best for me, regardless of color and price is usually a secondary factor.

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
Hey Little Man so you're pissed off at guys that buy overpriced JD equipment but you have no problem paying for overpriced Bourgault equipment. :p

·
Registered
4,210 Posts
Let's say you start a company that manufactures. . .oh. . .say, "trailer hitches". How much do you sell them for? Well there's the cost of material, labor, your overhead, plus I'd like to make 5 - 10% profit, so let's see, carry the 1....NO! At the end of the day, you sell it for every last dollar the market will pay you. If that's way over all your costs, bully for you. If it costs you more to make than you can sell it for, that's your problem. Step up and compete, or find another business.

Deere makes there equipment and people buy it. If people still buy it at that price over someone else, that someone else isn't doing their job, in quality, value, performance, price, and yes marketing. Too bad, that's the way it is.

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
Anyone who buys johnny walker blue label for the name and over pays is a poor whiskey drinker. I am astonished at the number of drinkers who pay a premium to buy blue label johnny walker for no other reason than it is expensive. These guys are IDIOTS!!! Thanks for driving the price of scotch up

1 - 20 of 57 Posts