The Combine Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m trading off my case 4420 patriot sprayer for a newer low hour machine. I like my 4420 but have had a few small problems. Nothing major. Just wanting to know if anyone has ran both the case 4430/4440 and the Jd r4045? And what were the pros and cons. Any info would be appreciated. Thanks.

·
Registered
519 Posts
had 4420 it was a good sprayer but RME lousy service,Have the deere some issues but had support. Now a days you buy a dealer,I think the units are comparable, pros and cons with each
never liked trimble auto steer , the deere is better no buying patchs and updates

·
Registered
3,871 Posts
Our local RME dealer gave us very good service when we bought a 4430 a year ago. We didn't even buy it from them. They did a pretty thorough job of inspecting the machine and I feel they did a good job at the repairs that we asked them to do. Also the service guy that was their sprayer expert came out and spent a few hours with us training us, which we were happy to pay for. When we had some electrical issues he escalated them with both Case and Capstan. So far service-wise, I have no complaints. I also find the Western Tractor Deere dealer to be very helpful service-wise too although I've never driven a Deere sprayer.

@DrakeLincoln, what kind of issues were you having with your 4420. For us, baring any major issues, we plan to run our 4430 for a number of years yet, despite the hours now being over 2000.

Since you like your 4420, if you do look at a 4430, Aim Command will probably be what you want. Aim Command Pro is good, but it's an add-on system, so there are quirks and complications to how it works.

Aim Command Flex on the 4440 is an integrated system, but personally I like the 4430's integrated rate controller on the AFS 700 better than the 4440's Raven rate controller which runs in a virtual terminal. I just find working with the with the virtual terminal interface to be awkward.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts