The Combine Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking into buying a RX 4 track. They have been out for afew years now, should have some with afew hrs on them. Wondering how they are holding up? Any issue of any sort? Idler wheels? (i dont see any clear caps on any of them.Maybe no issues?) Any info of what to look for would be appreciated..

·
Registered
4,226 Posts
We have 2, 9620, Cummins. About 1600hrs. Pull drills, grain cart, harrows, protill, pulldozer.
No major issues, some emission/def issues. One uses more def than the other, runs out before fuel most times.
Hoods heavy to open/close
Can’t see hitch from cab due to pto
Pulls strong, rides smooth, cab is comfy, not as quiet as it should be.
If buying used, make sure transmission PIP is done, along with cab noise PIP.
Tracks seem to be holding up well.
We like the auto shift feature, works very smooth when seeding.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Just bought 3 last fall. Going to be pulling new 76 ft Bourgault drills. 950 cart. So a waiting game now. Hope they run good. No electronic issues, hopefully.

·
Registered
415 Posts
i demoed a used 9620rx last fall, if the price tag was a little more friendly , it woulda stayed

Defiantly the Cadillac of the 4wd market ,

·
Registered
329 Posts
Here is another one with the John Deere pros and cons. I think if I was in the market for a quad track, I would go with the Case IH...but that's just me! One other pro of the Case IH is that it is probably at least $100k less in price!

·
Registered
415 Posts
A 12 litre Iveco can’t compete with a 15 L Cummins ,

No replacement for displacement

Like sending a small block too do a big blocks job

·
Registered
37 Posts
look for one with the axle spacers because the mud buildup between axle and frame is an issue the tracks start rubbing against the mud and they are a bugger to clean

·
Registered
37 Posts
case has alot of things figured out on they're machine, having said that if you're a green guy don't buy red you'll never be happy anyways.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts