The Combine Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
I have this written down as our 9520 would frequently do this. Clearing it only last so long and will come back again at quicker intervals (band-aids). The proper repair it to get a new steering column sensor, takes about 2 hours to change out and you don’t have to worry about losing auto steer at 11pm the night before heavy rains are coming.

clearing the code requires opening the fuse panel (front of right side consol) and placing a 10amp fuse into one of the diagnostic slots then scrolling through the error codes on the corner post display using the turn signal and high beams stick on the steering column. when you get to the code that you want to clear you have to cycle the hazard lights on and off. It’s kind of a **** show process, best to call a service tech from JD to walk you through it the first time. And make detailed notes as you’ll be doing it again soon.

hope this helps some,

·
Registered
4,643 Posts
Make sure your steering angle sensor isn't too tight. I can't remember if we got codes, but sometimes the nose would vibrate back and forth while holding a line. Could feel it. I loosened the screws that held the angle sensor on and that smoothed it right out. The screws were tight enough that they deformed the plastic and made the sensor bind up a bit.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Here is somewhat of a detailed description of how it works. I made a copy and carry it my ops manual.

1. Remove the spare 10 amp fuse from its location at F9 and install it in the “diag”
location at F10.
2. Turn the key switch (S001) to the ON position.
NOTE: If the fuse is inserted AFTER the key switch is turned ON, only the CCU
(A981), ECU (A400), ICU (A900), ACU (A901), and SUP (A902) control units can
be accessed.
3. The display will complete a two-second “lamp check” and then show:
- -
dia
4. To access all control units, or a specific control unit, cycle the “right turn signal”
control.
The first cycle will show:
- -
ALL
Additional cycles will display “dashes” and CCU, ACU, ECU, etc., for example:
- -
CCU
5. When “ALL” (for all control units) or the specific control unit needed is displayed,
cycle the “flash-to-pass” control to lock the display at that control unit. The display
will then sequence through the control unit’s stored codes as follows: (example =
CCU)
CCU
CCU
XXX (any stored code numbers)
End
This sequence will repeat until another control unit is selected with the “right turn
signal” control or you exit the “diag” mode. If selection was “ALL” control units, the
next control unit’s codes will appear after the “End” display.
6. Codes are cleared by cycling the hazard lights switch (S101) to ON and then back
to OFF when “End” is displayed for each control unit.
NOTE: All codes for all control units CANNOT be cleared with a single cycle of the
hazard lights switch. The codes for each control unit will clear as the switch is
cycled when “End” is displayed for that control unit.
7. To exit the “diag” mode, turn the key switch OFF. Remove the fuse from the F10
location and store it in the F9 location.
The tractor is now in its normal operational mode.
OK: Return to diagnosis
in progress.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts