The Combine Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked up a new w155 windrower with a 425d Draper header. Was wondering if you could get a discbine header for that swather as well. I asked my John Deere rep and he said you couldn’t. I know the w150 you can so I don’t understand why he would say you can’t on the 155. Any one out here say otherwise??

·
Registered
335 Posts
Pretty sure when you get the w155 in red paint straight from macdon (called a m155?), it gets paired with a 13ft discbine. You end up driving over the edge of uncut crop since the frame size is the same as the 205 which runs the 16ft.

No idea if the red headers can get run by the green power units. I would assume not, they would likely have proprietary communication cables or whatnot....

·
Registered
130 Posts
A neighbor runs the 13’ on an M155, said it get on real good, can work it pretty hard really pushing but our hayground gets rough enough that 5-7mph is fast enough. He’s complained about an uneven windrow, something about the odd number of turtles throwing more crop to one side. He definitely runs down some crop in a turn but on the straight runs it fits perfect. As far as a green tractor talking to a red head, no idea but i want to believe it would work, see if it will run a black draper for a test.

·
Registered
746 Posts
We have a M155 with a 13ft disk head......there is no reason u couldn't put a disk head on yours.....you just can't get one that is painted green. As far as the tires driving on the edge of the crop.....Do Not worry about that.....there is absolutely no problem with this ......you can never tell. The dealers try to sell you an extra set of tires but that is a waste of time and money!

·
Registered
746 Posts
Also you can cut at 10 or 11 mph if the crop isnt too heavy and the field is smooth....most of the time we would be cutting at 8 to 9mph.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah maybe I’ll take a look At a red 13ft and see if it’ll talk to the green machine. That’s probably what he meant that it can’t run a green discbine head.
When you say hard pushing, is it because of the weight of the head??

·
Registered
130 Posts
Yeah maybe I’ll take a look At a red 13ft and see if it’ll talk to the green machine. That’s probably what he meant that it can’t run a green discbine head.
When you say hard pushing, is it because of the weight of the head??
I haven’t run the machine, I think he meant you can feel that it’s not a 205 hp machine when running hard in a big crop.

·
Registered
155 Posts
We put a new R113 on our M150 last year after we worked out a couple bugs with the block we needed to add ( Thanks for nothing Rocky Mountain Equipment) it ran well you have just enough header coverage that under the pivots we were not leaving strips, the R113 in heavy irrigated hay cuts very well it does leave three distinct rows but I like that as it allows better air flow IMHO, could have eliminated that somewhat had we wanted to adjust the width of swath wider than the tire width.
HOWEVER W155's have a software that will not let you put a red Macdon Header on that green machine , as deere sells a competing header for their d 450's. This is what I was just told again just the other day.
Make sure you triple check this before you order one And by triple check I mean don't believe the saleman and the Macdon rep here in Alberta acts like hes an expert and he might be on draper headers but his knowledge base on these hay headers left much to be desired.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
We put a new R113 on our M150 last year after we worked out a couple bugs with the block we needed to add ( Thanks for nothing Rocky Mountain Equipment) it ran well you have just enough header coverage that under the pivots we were not leaving strips, the R113 in heavy irrigated hay cuts very well it does leave three distinct rows but I like that as it allows better air flow IMHO, could have eliminated that somewhat had we wanted to adjust the width of swath wider than the tire width.
HOWEVER W155's have a software that will not let you put a red Macdon Header on that green machine , as deere sells a competing header for their d 450's. This is what I was just told again just the other day.
Make sure you triple check this before you order one And by triple check I mean don't believe the saleman and the Macdon rep here in Alberta acts like hes an expert and he might be on draper headers but his knowledge base on these hay headers left much to be desired.
That’s great to know. Thank you. If that’s the case might just pick up a moco and call
It a day.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts