The Combine Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone running a John deere w235 or w170 swather? Got a macdon m150 with a 25ft D60 draper going now but got more hours repairing it than driving it. I live in Sweden and we got no mechanics or tech guys that knows **** about them and during swathing its kind of Annoying to try and fix it yourself. Our local JD dealer is really helping and get most of Our spare parts but as the m150 still is a clean macdon not all spareparts fit right That’s why we’re looking for a w235 with a 530D or so, but newer heard anything about them but they sure looks like a Safer choise than the w170. We swath about 75% grass seed, about half cocksfoot and half timothy, and the rest 25% is Canola.
Any input about them is appreciated, thank you.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,178 Posts
What things are you having to repair? We've hardly touched our identical setup in nearly 8 seasons. Only replaced the knife and draper belts so far. And a couple of o-rings on a hydraulic block. Oh and we have had a couple of sticky hydraulic valve spool cartridges that I've had to replace. That's odd that parts you get from john deere don't always quite fit. The green W150 version is identical to the M155, which is identical to the M150, except for the cab suspension and step design.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What things are you having to repair? We've hardly touched our identical setup in nearly 8 seasons. Only replaced the knife and draper belts so far. And a couple of o-rings on a hydraulic block. Oh and we have had a couple of sticky hydraulic valve spool cartridges that I've had to replace. That's odd that parts you get from john deere don't always quite fit. The green W150 version is identical to the M155, which is identical to the M150, except for the cab suspension and step design.
Mostly its the D60 header who’s not all the same as the 425D, most of the parts are working with some small fabrications but its still annoying when you are out in the field and a part doesent fit without a grinder or some drilling.
Our problems is mostly in the header, knife drive belts breaking, the draper belts is wearing out, bearings go bad, hydraulics leaking and for the m150 we got a lot of oil leaks everywhere, electric faults and everything just feels like bad quality. We bought the machine from canada back in 2013 with a few hundred hours on it and it had been a demo machine. I think those hours were some hard Ones but i still dont think a swather whit 1200hrs should blow seals and drop some bolts here and there on a daily basis.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,178 Posts
I have seen some electrical problems on ours when we first bought it, similar situation to you. Was a demo unit. Electrical issues were pretty much solved by working over all the ground wires. Also had damage to the wiring loom where it connects to the header, which I repaired with splices. Currently the only weird thing is the fuel gauge flickers sometimes. Might be a wire damaged on top of the fuel tank, or it might be the sending unit is failing.

That's very strange that the header itself has different parts than the Deere. As near as I can tell, my D60 header is identical to the header on my cousin's John Deere W150.
 
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Top