The Combine Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New 9770 ,,,concave wide open ,,,,,cyclinder 230 ,,,,,,bottom screen 12 ,,,,top 18,,,,,,we have had the fan anywhere from 950 to 1250 ,,,,,,,throat chain slowed down and feed accerator slow pulley,,,,,15.5 percent 160 bushel corn and it looks like a corn mill in the bin
???????????????

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Don you got me exicited and made me laugh ,,,,,first i saw a post and said someone's got a fix to my problem,,,,then i opened it and laughed cause my wife was singing that all day yesterday in the field

·
Registered
4,800 Posts
Have you tried closing the concave to get a quicker thrash. I don't know, don't even drive deere but you should be happy your corn is dry. Ours is still 30%.

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
I'm no expert, but I have listened to factory experts (red and green) and they stress that to aleviate crop damage, try closing the concaves and speeding up the rotor. It sounds backwards and it is just the opposite of how to set a walker machine for such conditions, but they say the same thing mbfarmer says: you get a quicker thrash by doing so. Keeping the concaves open and slowing the rotor speed lets the crop flow hang and grind, rather than (for lack of a better term) a "wham, bam, thank you ma'am" threshing action.

Hope this helps and have a safe and prosperous harvest.

·
Registered
136 Posts
do you have the round bars in? are there broken cobs in the hopper? are the grates dropped in the rear? if yes to all close it up and speed up the rotor.

·
Registered
87 Posts
I'm no expert, but I have listened to factory experts (red and green) and they stress that to aleviate crop damage, try closing the concaves and speeding up the rotor. It sounds backwards and it is just the opposite of how to set a walker machine for such conditions, but they say the same thing mbfarmer says: you get a quicker thrash by doing so. Keeping the concaves open and slowing the rotor speed lets the crop flow hang and grind, rather than (for lack of a better term) a "wham, bam, thank you ma'am" threshing action.

Hope this helps and have a safe and prosperous harvest.

And THIS is why axial-flow separators are so much better than conventional machines, LOL? And supposedly the axial-flow style of separator gives (or so IH insisted) "better grain quality". Face it, folks, we all got sucked into axial-flow-type separators ONLY because of increased capacity for a given size of machine envelope--they're not necessarily "better" in all conditions, regardless of the propaganda.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I am most certainly not an expert, but if you are running a new 9770 as we are, then it should of came with a little slide-cardboard type setting manual with the owners manual and the settings are very close to what ourselves and many others in our area are running. Their recommendations are very close. It seems like the rotor speed is very slow and the concaves are open too far for what JD recommends. Sieves are very close to what JD recommends, I think 1100 is what they recommend for fan speed.

·
Registered
400 Posts
almost all of the damage done to the corn is done in the feed accelerator. you need to change the wear strips to either swept back, or pull them out completely

·
Registered
19 Posts
Nobody I know is closing their concaves and speeding up the rotor on the red machines.They are doing just the opposite to help in the higher moisture corn and the soft cobs.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts