The Combine Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had the privilege yesterday to go to Grand Island, NE to the combine factory to drive one of our combines off the assembly line. We also got to see my other combines in various states of assembly. Our first machine went off the line the day before so I don't have any pictures of it but combines 2-4 were online when we were there.

For more pictures you can go to our website's photo album @ http://johnsonharvesting.myphotoalbum.com/albums.php

Enjoy,
JHarvest
www.johnsonharvesting.com

#2 getting it's unload auger put on

#2 getting to the detail area

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Re: Johnson Harvesting's combines coming down the

#3 about half way down the line

Another picture of #3

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

#4 at the start of the assembly line

Another picture of #4

·
Registered
102 Posts

sweet pics Jharvest, sure wish i was goin south again. Pretty cool to see the different stages of them getting built. Hope they dont give you guys any trouble down there. Have a good season

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

We will be running all 8010's except for one 7010 which we just bought in the last month

·
Premium Member
1,249 Posts

different than 88's you've been running some great changes to 08 8010's that should fix control pressure for good and electronic changes as well. good luck FT you guys should have stopped over !

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

We ran down 81 through NE so we were a little too far over to your place. One of these trips down I29 I am going to stop in and make sure you guys are doing things right. My Titan salesman Troy Jonsrud and I left home around midnight and drove down and back the same day so we didn't have much time extra for sightseeing. Well worth loosing some sleep over, the folks at the Grand Island plant are great people and that alone is worth the trip.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

Didn't ask about that but tried to talk the gal putting on the decals to put one set on upside down just to be different. She declined

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

Apr 20, 2008, 1:12pm, deeremanneb wrote:DANG! Nice. Been thinking about going red. Guess I'll go check out GI. Is there a Long wait to get on the list for a new combine like Deere?

The GI plant is well worth the trip, very modern facility with, as I stated before, a great group of employees. For me it is a toss up between touring the GI plant , the Fargo Steiger plant, and Kinze. I really enjoy going to all of them.

Not sure exactly but I think it would be impossible to order a new Case and expect it by fall harvest unless you found a dealer with some floorplanned you could get your hands on.

·
Registered
21 Posts

I wish you the best with the 4 new combines, Looking forward to see harvest pics on your website. Congragulations, CX driver

·
Registered
299 Posts

How soon before you head south? Where is it you start?

Nice machines......why did you jump to the 8010's? Figured the 25's would be be more than adequate for a custom run.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

Sounds like harvest will start around the 20-25th in southern Okla, maybe a bit later than normal.

We went to the 8010's figuring to back down a couple machines but new work and added acres we ended up buying a 7010 and we may possibly need one more by the end of summer depending on how the crop in the Dakota's comes through the summer. We are also doing more and more corn up north here every year and most of the work is 12 row 22" and all Geringhoff corn heads. When we get into 180-200 bu corn with that setup we end up pushing the 2588's to about 110% capacity, now we should be able to run more effieciently not only on fuel but also have the cleaning capacity to run the speeds we need to go to cover the acres.

·
Registered
363 Posts

Congrats Lance and Shawn on your new machines. Our 2588 is coming off the line May 5 we are planning on being at Grand Island on the 4th and 5th to see it come off the line. We will be taking cart and tractor south we had it planned that way so we could see our combine on the line. I hope to see you guys around Frederick and wish you all the best in your 08 harvest.
How is Brent doing in his rocking chair LOL.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts