The Combine Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
G'day every 1 over here on the john deere forum.
I am now on the green team! as i have ordered a new 2015 S680 for the 2015 aussie harvest.

Colour change for me as i have been running a CR New Holland but can't wait for the new machine to arrive.

Will i need to change my name from NH Aussie?

Cheers blokes.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Question nh aussie. Why the change. I'm yellow always been yellow but thinking starting to think differently.

·
Premium Member
8,228 Posts
Will i need to change my name from NH Aussie?
Hopefully you will but it may soon stand for "Not Happy"...:eek:

Such are the perils associated with putting anything brand-related in your stage-name.:rolleyes:

Best of luck with the new machine and let us know how it works out.:)

P.S. JD guys I was making jokes up there ^^^^^^ don't want to start a color war.;)

·
Premium Member
2,784 Posts
Or just a poor comment? This guy buys a $400,000 combine and all you guys do is rip on him.
Good luck with your purchase!
Referring to my post? It is an honest question, or statement. Meant to be much more of a question that a statement. JD does not greatly stand out above the rest as a machine alone. None do that I have seen when comparing apple to apples. The support behind the machine is a huge decision maker in what color many will run.

·
Super Moderator
5,038 Posts
Doesn't even get you a bloody 2 yr old machine, man we are so screwed here compared to the rest of the world!
You do and I suppose they play the "Oh, ocean freight is so expensive" card!:(

Do they have anything else, anything that could be considered legit?

I get a slight spread but I take no joy in seeing you Australians get hosed!

·
Registered
1,668 Posts
I have to assume when you say 400k you mean with a platform. Was quoted 550k for S680 loaded; pickup, draper, chopper, screen but no software. 400k would probably pull it up bare.

Funnily enough, I am mostly green but were I to have an open chequebook, I wouldn't own much if any deere equipment . Commonality of platforms helps with service and gps swapping. If I have a deere mechanic on the farm he can look at two different machines whilst there. Which means small issues that you wouldn't get someone to look at get attended to.

NH , I will look forward to your impressions after swapping brands, possibly the most valuable insights would come from someone who has swapped brands.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Thanks for all the replies guys a very interesting cross section of opinions but that's what it's all about.

Firstly I think CR NH combines are awesome and I have enjoyed running one since 2009 and I still have a tj 4wd and nh fwa tractors in the shed to play with.

Reasons for change was the deal was more attractive on the Deere, was due to buy again off my Deere dealer as NH had won the past few purchases.

Nearest NH dealer is very good but so is Deere dealer offering very personalized service and is 45 mins closer.

Hoping to get better resale value fom the Deere at trade in time and I like the quality especially the paint work and green star rocks, and it now gives me 2x JD machines on the farm.

400k I wish ha ha. This is Australia.

Cheers blokes.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.