The Combine Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a single drive, 20' 1020 bean head with field tracker, mounted on my 2001 2366. When I first start combining for the day, the head seems very jumpy. Today, I had to turn the sensitivity just about all the way down for the first half hour or so. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance!

·
Premium Member
222 Posts
We'll i'll at least move ya back to the top....Is it the field tracker doing that or the normal head sensing? I can think of two things to check for...make sure there is no debris around the potentiometer for the feederhouse and also may wanna check that the shaft under the header that has your height fingers hooked to it is free and has no debris/mud packed in there somewhere ! If these areas were/are dirty they may have worked themselves free after a half hour??

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ohio, I sprayed wd-40 on all those cheesey plastic bushings that the rod runs through on it's way to the potentiometer. Yesterday it seemed to help, and I finished with beans last night. Thanks for the tips, I'll noodle on it until next fall.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.