The Combine Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well, we needed the 8130 across the pond the last week so i got the wondeful job of driving it over. aLL two hours lol.

Here's a neighbor. Really nice operation. He has 6 8030's, manly 81's, and 3 7430 premiums.

Here's a RED neighbor's equipment. I didn't drive by his barn, unfortunately. He has, i believe, 3 or 4 305 magnums and a couple 275's. He is also getting two of the reD module builder pickers for next year.

Waiting on a train.

Good 'ole West Texas.

I made it! Here's our decked out 8420.

My ride, the 8130.

One of our 8120's through a nasty cab window.

And another.

3 of our 5 planters.

Hauling off an old disk.

a few of our trucks.

We were cleaning out the shop pictured, so thats why all of the equipment was outside. Thanks for looking!

·
Registered
334 Posts
He's south/southeast of Lubbock I think, judging by the pics.

Awesome pics man! That pic of your red neighbor's with all those toolbars is along US 84, I alway's see his place when I drive home from Lubbock.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the comments. Yupp, just outside of lubbock is where i live. My dad and grandpa own the gin there off of 84. We have land from tahoka to lubbock to crosbyton. Yeah, the red guy has some nice stuff. Funny though, he bought a 7920 this year. And even though there's not going to be much wheat this year, i'd look for him to be buying a 7010 or so. He just got a brand new brent like last week.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Quote:oh, shane, are you going to tech right now? or have you already graduated?

Yeap I'm going to Tech right now, sophomore.

The gin your folks own is called Posey??? How many bales did yall gin this past year and do you know how many Slaton ginned also?

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
wow, pretty small world, indeed. both my sisters are up at tech, and i will be soon. I don't have those numbers right now, but i should be able to track em down, as soon as dad gets home lol.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Quote:Why do you work the crap outa the ground and make it blow like that?

Well, acutally, this guy, along with jut about EVERYONE around, just ran a lister through the ground. absolutely nothing els. It's just so dry and windy that the dirt can't help but blow.

·
Registered
578 Posts
ic, so youre out in the area by the Vardeman's?? went to thier place years ago to look an an experimental stripper----talk about cool man it was that and then some

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Quote:ic, so youre out in the area by the Vardeman's?? went to thier place years ago to look an an experimental stripper----talk about cool man it was that and then some

Yessir! we run off of their rtk tower when we're out there. Just about a half a mile from the barn we have out there. Yeah that machine was a beast!!! They ran it until 06 and then traded it for another 60. They're the only people around that can make more modules than us in a day. We made 32 in a day with 2 machines! But we're never pushed that hard since we got the third machine last year.

·
Registered
664 Posts
yep, nessy will have her hands full fixing all of the spelling mistakes on the site today

the
the
the
the
the
THE

·
Registered
318 Posts
Quote:I dont understand why you allways use these smal tyres

I assume you're from Europe by your spelling of tires? The reason for the "small" tires (are you talkin' in width?) is to fit in between the rows for cotton, corn, soybeans, etc etc

·
Registered
372 Posts
Whats the yellow thingy for on the front of the 8430? And it looks like the tires are wider then I see. What are they set on for cotton?

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Quote:did you get those numbers yet??

AYE!! just remembered to ask. Posey ginned 33,000, and slaton ginned like 103,000.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts