The Combine Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys

We have just finished our harvest with an AF 9120, just clocked up over 400 engine hours, and about 300 mill hrs. It was a long and drawn out harvest season.

Machine goes well, a bit underpowered, especially when dealing with high moisture grain. Had a number of small teething problem with machine, but they are all sorted now.

Any questions feel free to ask.

·
Registered
560 Posts
that's probably about right. The yields are so low down under that they can harvest at speeds we'd never think of.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Probably in Aussie but not here. as mentioned above speed about 8-10 km/hr. Average yield in Barley was 8t/ha or about 3.2t/ac.

You normally do not see green hills like that in the middle of summer in Aussie, or many hills at all.

·
Registered
560 Posts
sorry about that, combineguy. In my mind I tend to lump Australia and New Zealand together, which I realize isn't accurate.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Combineguy, isn't that 30' head a bit small for a class 9 machine? or is it that your crops are that good that you can't go with a bigger head?

I am not familiar with tonnes/hectar or km/hr. could you please inform me on this as i am in NA

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
No not at all. 30ft front kept the engine load up about 95-120% of engine load according to the AFS600.

I hope i'm right
8 tonnes to the hectare equals 15 bushels per acre

·
Registered
293 Posts
Hectare=2.47 acres, test weight of barley is 48 per bu. 8(tones)*2000*1.1 is 17,600/2.47/48=
148 bu to the acre.

And now I am done with math for the foreseeable future.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts