The Combine Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just some pics from our farm. We are done leasing with machinery link now. We decided to buy a 9770 instead of leasing. Overall it was a good experience with them though. JD 9530 with JD 1895 No till drill
Neighbor with an uh oh

9660 sts in spring wheat
combining durum
seeding with our old 9300 and jd 1895 no till drill

thought you guys might enjoy

·
Registered
31 Posts
Nice pics! What are you using to put down your NH3? Can you use the back openers? We put down urea with the back openers. Thanks

·
Registered
31 Posts
Never mind the question, I just looked in my book and see they make a anhydrous tubes. How do you get along with NH3? Looks like a nice setup...

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
the 1895 has 3 rows of openers and the front row is on 20" centers and midrow bands the nh3 inbetween the 10" spaced seed rows. It has a raven cooler system and JD auto rate system on it with the GS2 2600 monitor.

·
Registered
165 Posts
great pics, how does the 1895 pull, did it make your 9300 work ?
how do you like the disk drill in terms of seeding performance and maintance cost ?

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The 1895 pulls ok i wouldn't say it pulls hard it just pulls heavy if that makes any sense. It is more of a weight thing than a friction thing. Our 9300 handled it ok on our flat ground but in some of the hillier stuff it was a load for it and i was down at least one if not two gears. It only had a 12 speed in it. The 9530 is a lot better that is for sure. I believe the nh3 tank flipped when he turned around at the end of the field. He had it hooked behind his air seeder cart and i think that with no T-bar on the frame of the tank the wheels just simply got cranked too far and the went under the tank and it tipped over.

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
sorry mat i didnt answer all your questions as far as seeding performance i have been really happy with the 1895. The main thing is straw residue at harvest the year before. The finer you can chop it up the better and cut wheat as tall as possible. I have found out that i need to slow down at least 1 mph when seeding peas just to let the disks cut alittle better when you are seeding that deep. I usually seed wheat at 6.5mph and peas i need to go about 5-.5.5 mph. As far as maintenance we have done a new set of disks every 2 years. They seem to last about 10,000 acres in our type of ground here. That is really the only maintenance we have done other than greasing. Drill has 20k acres on it now and we haven't had to change any bearing or anything like that yet. Knock on wood that we wont have to either. I guess we did have to replace an axle shaft and hub on the front duals on the outer wing on the front of the airseeder but that might have been my fault for running the wing up into the road ditch and hit something. d**n DVD player should have shut it off that day.

·
Registered
165 Posts
appreciate the info dieselgod, one question, in the last pic it looks like your seeding into cereal straw the has been harrowed, i though with a disk drill you wanted all the straw to remain standing when you seed to avoid hairpining.

and your not the only one to break something, running it in to the ditch. in my case i was seeding with autosteer and did not turn around in time and a shank caught the road and broke off

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
in the last picture i am actually doing the headlands the rest of the field is done that you can see. I had to do about five passes on the headlands because of water holes. And yes you are right the more you can leave standing the better off you are.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts