The Combine Forum banner

1 - 20 of 3191 Posts

·
Registered
2,887 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There seems to be quite a bit of opinions given by Canadians about Trump in the Trump thread so I thought I would start a thread just for Canadians to have a similar discussion about our own "leader". What's good, what's bad, what are his chances of getting re-elected and why etc. Looking forward to hearing from Canadians that have strong opinions about Trump (good and bad) what their thoughts are on our own PM. So, Thoughts?
BTW, if I knew how to do a poll I would post a poll about his re-election chances, yes-no.

·
Registered
2,800 Posts
Is there anybody that is a serious contender for the job? He has the media, kids, and women fawning over him. He is spending wildly to buy the next election. Recipe for disaster.

cuck-A man who is desperate for acceptance, approval, and affection from women. This desperation has led to the compromise of his beliefs and values, the desecration of his dignity and self-worth, and his inability to stand up for himself and what he deserves as a human being, eg. loyalty, fidelity, and honesty in a romantic relationship.

·
Registered
2,467 Posts
I think his carbon tax - pipeline gambit sinks him to at least a minority. If he backs TMX and get its going, there are entire districts in the lower mainland who will go NDP or green. If he doesnt and it fall through, there are entire districts in other parts of the country who will turn on him. His carbon tax will be rejected by several provinces.

He hitched his wagon to that fiasco. He owns it now and I think it is a huge liability. Thats the reason he never talks about it or wades into the fray.

Also a couple high profile defeats like Wynn and Notely and the economy slipping to 1.5% growth will help. We have to get him out of there before he destroys what country we have.

·
Registered
2,887 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Is there anybody that is a serious contender for the job? He has the media, kids, and women fawning over him. He is spending wildly to buy the next election. Recipe for disaster.

cuck-A man who is desperate for acceptance, approval, and affection from women. This desperation has led to the compromise of his beliefs and values, the desecration of his dignity and self-worth, and his inability to stand up for himself and what he deserves as a human being, eg. loyalty, fidelity, and honesty in a romantic relationship.
Qualification wise, the specimen on the left in your avatar would be a "contender" for the job.

·
Registered
2,887 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
While this is not Trudeau/Liberal specific, the sad fact is that as long as we have "party politics" in this country, we will never have ACTUAL democracy or representative government. No better demonstration of this is in a recent article I read recently about the new legislation expected to be tabled regarding guns. In the article, it is said that Liberal Rural MP's are "scared to death" of the legislation that Trudeau is proposing. Why in the world should an MP be "scared to death"?. They are SUPPOSED to be elected to represent the views and desires of their CONSTITUENTS and should feel free to vote accordingly. Being forced to vote along party lines, even if they know that it goes against the wishes of the majority of their constituents means that they are NOT necessarily representing the wishes of their constituents but, rather, the party. That, IMO is BS (regardless of the party). EVERY MP should run as and sit as an independent and, after the election, the PM should be voted for by the elected MP's. Seems to me that this would get the best ACTUAL representation of the citizens across the country because no MP has loyalty to anyone except those that voted for them. This way you don't have people voting for the wrong person just because they belong to a certain party. Also, the PM is not elected by one constituency but rather, representatives of the whole country.

·
Registered
290 Posts
I think his carbon tax - pipeline gambit sinks him to at least a minority. If he backs TMX and get its going, there are entire districts in the lower mainland who will go NDP or green. If he doesnt and it fall through, there are entire districts in other parts of the country who will turn on him. His carbon tax will be rejected by several provinces.
Just remember, he's got a lot more to lose in BC than anywhere else in the West, in fact than AB, SK, and MB combined. The Federal Liberals have 17 MP seats in BC vs 4, 1, and 7, respectively.

Who do you think he'll favour re: pipelines?

What does he really have to lose by forcing the carbon tax? He's safe in the West. BC loves theirs. Not sure about the east and atlantic.

·
Registered
2,467 Posts
Who do you think he'll favour re: pipelines?
There are conservatives in Ontario as well who want projects like that to go ahead.

I imagine he wont really do anything, just let the project die on the vine and then trot out some excuse like energy east.

He has some other hair brained projects to announce too like gun control that should turn some more rural ridings against him. In the 2019 budget I suspect he opens the spending to buy peoples votes, but we could see a mini financial crisis by that time which could throw a wrench.

I suspect Jason Kenny has a surprise up his sleeve when he challenges equalization payments.

If we cant beat the beast, we can starve it. Personally, I have spent the last year putting my finances in order so T2 and his gangsters dont get a dime extra from me.

·
Registered
552 Posts
Can’t stand the guy. When I woke up the next morning after the election and my wife said the Libs had a majority I thought she was kidding, never saw that coming. I thought the Cons would have had the government again. Maybe I am just out of touch.

Anyway, from what I gather in post mortem, the Libs were elected as a protest vote to remove the Cons. Fine, I guess that is the way it goes with politics. They didn’t necessarily vote for Trudeau, though the media paints it that way. But as scandal after scandal piles up faster than the debt, one stupid comment after another, fake virtue signalling, racial division, everyone except the most diehard Trudeau cheerleader realizes he is as fit for the job as a bag of hammers. Harper never generated the humour and memes that this clown does every day.

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
I think that if jack Layton was still alive JT wouldn't have been elected we likely would have a conservative minority. however he did die and mulcare was not a good choice in t he left voters eye and the left vote deserted the ndp and voted liberal. If the new ndp leader can get the minority vote then the left vote will be split and we could end up with a conservative win with a minority gov at the very least

JT has got to go and he is helping this cause every day

·
Registered
552 Posts
And the guy rarely attends HoC. Two weeks ago, obviously a family week long vacation trip to India, with half a days worth of actual meetings. Last Monday, took a personal day before the previous week (in India) was tough and he deserved a day off. This week, he is gone on a family holiday in Florida... WTF!!

·
Registered
4,028 Posts
They know he is useless and don’t want him on Ottawa. That is why they send all over the country and world. He is in Regina today.

·
Premium Member
655 Posts
I don't think he's a slam dunk to get re-elected anymore but on the balance of probability I think its still more likely that he gets a second term than that he doesn't. I don't understand it but they like the miserable little puke in the east. He's not going to do anything overt to push BC to accept the pipeline. His calculus is that eventually Trans Mountain will give up and I predict they will if it starts to look certain that he will get a 2nd term. He won't get nearly as many photo opps in Ontario once Ford is in power but that's a double edged sword. By the time the fall of 2019 rolls around the Ford honeymoon, assuming there is one, will have worn off. If he's a dud then Ontario could easily vote Lib as a protest against Ford.

As Yoda so wisely said "Hard to predict is the future - always in motion."

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
Well if he does get pot legalized, maybe all his supporters will be too stoned to show up and vote. Well, unless he sets up a cookie booth at the polling station.

·
Registered
2,272 Posts
Depends what the dumb ***** called Millennials do, that what the legalized dope was for to buy there vote.

·
Registered
446 Posts
When he gave the speech at his old man’s funeral and the media love affair ensued, I told my wife and kids he will be prime minister someday. It was as if he was the chosen one. The messiah. I figured the job would be his for as long as he wanted it as well. I really hope I’m wrong. Perhaps there is hope because my neighbor stopped in last week. Whenever we talked politics she would defend him. This time when I mentioned Trudeau and his India trip she put up her hands and said “even I can’t defend him anymore “.

When I saw them posing for photo ops in India, I couldn’t help but wonder which one of his abnoxious offspring will be in politics to screw over my grandkids. They are, after all, a dynasty according to the CBC.

1 - 20 of 3191 Posts