The Combine Forum banner

2301 - 2320 of 2524 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,860 Posts
And so the implosion of the CPC from within continues...so many of the disgruntled whipped out their knives to stab Scheer after the election and throw him to the curb, he said **** it and gave up, and now one by one the "choosen ones", Charest(thank God), Rona and now Poilievre, have all said thanks but not interested...and now there is grumbling and wonder if it isn't too late to keep Scheer, so that says what many think of Mckay...maybe someone should have done some homework before they crucified Scheer lol

Actually now given the rest walked, makes one wonder if Harper might take another crack, hard to say, I think he has had enough too.

·
Registered
279 Posts
I can’t help but wonder sometimes how many Liberals there are in the conservative party. Behind the scenes . One example is climate Barbie’s husband. He calls himself a conservative. I looked him up on google and his Twitter feed came up. Well the algorithm at Twitter suggests similar people I may like. Up comes Gerry Butts and Katie Telford. Hmmm.
So I tried Andrew Sheer and suggested to me are conservative party, Max and Michelle Rempel. well that makes sense.
255A8A21-C3BA-45D4-B7F6-3793F9FBD82D.png
1D7714F6-9247-460A-A92B-315F0E1AC658.png

·
Registered
2,389 Posts

Does this look like a good use for carbon tax?

A wind turbine’s blades can be longer than a Boeing 747 wing, so at the end of their lifespan they can’t just be hauled away. First, you need to saw through the lissome fiberglass using a diamond-encrusted industrial saw to create three pieces small enough to be strapped to a tractor-trailer.

The municipal landfill in Casper, Wyoming, is the final resting place of 870 blades whose days making renewable energy have come to end. The severed fragments look like bleached whale bones nestled against one another.

“That’s the end of it for this winter,” said waste technician Michael Bratvold, watching a bulldozer bury them forever in sand. “We’ll get the rest when the weather breaks this spring.”

Tens of thousands of aging blades are coming down from steel towers around the world and most have nowhere to go but landfills. In the U.S. alone, about 8,000 will be removed in each of the next four years. Europe, which has been dealing with the problem longer, has about 3,800 coming down annually through at least 2022, according to BloombergNEF. It’s going to get worse: Most were built more than a decade ago, when installations were less than a fifth of what they are now.

Built to withstand hurricane-force winds, the blades can’t easily be crushed, recycled or repurposed. That’s created an urgent search for alternatives in places that lack wide-open prairies. In the U.S., they go to the handful of landfills that accept them, in Lake Mills, Iowa; Sioux Falls, South Dakota; and Casper, where they will be interred in stacks that reach 30 feet under.

“The wind turbine blade will be there, ultimately, forever,” said Bob Cappadona, chief operating officer for the North American unit of Paris-based Veolia Environnement SA, which is searching for better ways to deal with the massive waste. “Most landfills are considered a dry tomb.”
“The last thing we want to do is create even more environmental challenges.”

·
Registered
481 Posts
since that ahole said we get no help for carbon tax on drying, when they call from statistics canada instead of lying just tell them to hump a stump and when we feel we matter we will answer their questions

·
Registered
3,961 Posts
Cost of TMX up from $7B to $12B. I would be surprised if I hadn't already said here over a year ago that exactly this would be the case. Because of new environmental issues. Yeah, because it's the first time the environment has been considered an issue when doing a development. Welcome to money laundering on massive scale. And yet still too difficult to build a pipeline east. Who new that a mountain range was easier to move resources through than prairie.

But just chalk this new budget up to incompetence. No one knew that doing such a project through the Rocky Mountains would lead to public attention and thus increase spending to give the perception of caring. It's tax payer wealth so no dollar is too great to protect the environment. And when its all done a few years later it will be sold to private corporate ownership for pennies on the dollar because government should not be in competition with the free market for something as massive as moving resources. And there will sure to be massive amounts of government incompetence reported while operating such a pipeline to ensure taxpayers are programmed to think it must be sold on a fire sale. Remember how it was bought.

·
Registered
3,961 Posts
Good vid Phil.
I forgot about that $50M to MasterCard. Who still thinks it is just government incompetence or morons that is the reason this happens. Or maybe it is to create some more jobs. How about it is neither. They know exactly what they are doing.
And the pipeline being given to the natives would imply some people in Canada would benefit from the taxpayers gift. That's not how these things work. If the government had these things all figured out and was really that benevolent then the native issues would have been solved decades ago. No, the only way the natives get anything from a pipeline is if the cronies take 90% of it first and then the scraps are handed to the natives. Perhaps as a trust fund worth $Billions which is managed by Morneau Shepell and handed out over a 100 years. Call it something nice like a "Indigenous resource heritage fund". Whatever. As long as for every dollar given out, $2 goes to whoever holds the wealth to divy up. Thats kind of how the pipeline project is going to go anyway.

·
Registered
2,389 Posts
Omar Kader, a convicted terrorist. is flying first class and giving lectures in Halifax university, So much for a no fly list. Who is next weeks guest? Paul Bernardo? Doyle?

·
Registered
3,961 Posts
And Patrick Moore was banned from speaking at the U of R last week. Because you know - the science is settled and so we can't have anyone put forth information that conflicts with the establishment narrative. That is just not in line with the principles of higher learning, critical thinking, and challenging the status quo. A university is for programming and not learning. Suppose Moore was to actually put forth information or an argument that gets people thinking the science is not settled or the narrative is wrong. Students at a university would need a safe place to recover from such an assault on their growth as free thinking individuals who are supposed to be able to assess all things on their own.

It's quite amazing the number of things that can't be spoken of or debated in public. Authoratrian regimes would be proud. But we just call it progressives in this era. But you can use the two terms interchangeably once you notice they represent the same things.

Trudeau is head of a very progressive government. So progressive it reminds me a lot of how countries operated centuries ago.

·
Registered
3,471 Posts
This is just sad, and wrong. Just how does it become a good idea to let a convicted terrorist, who to my knowledge hasn't denounced his love for ISIS and quite likely would still be involved with them had he not been caught and likely killed or wounded other soldiers fighting for a better world? The biggest mistake the army did was taking him alive.

·
Registered
82 Posts
And here we have two prime ministers involved in a UN seat auction trying to outbid each other with the peasant’s money. Our PM has a history of repeated black face incidents so in his mind thinks he is a bonafide member of the African Union.

Was watching CTV Male Bovine Excrement Channel this afternoon and Merella Fernandez had a former Canadian ambassador on and she asked about Trudeau's try for the UN seat. His reply, "I will let you in on a BIG secret......... It is not that important." The look on her face was complete and total astonishment.
5 to 1 odds we will never see that video again. Goes against the Liberal Government Handout Standards to CTV.....

·
Registered
82 Posts
So Trudeau is in another country as usual and currently has a new ethics violation (again) against him. The rail blockades are crippling the nation, just like when they were on strike. Trudeau's comment " Through conversation and talks it will get resolved.
Personally I think this is Trudeau's thoughts on the situations and why he is out of the country.

2301 - 2320 of 2524 Posts