The Combine Forum banner

2641 - 2660 of 2737 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,996 Posts
Just spent the last half hour on twitter trying to find out the latest...have to admit, the media has done their job well, I would estimate over 90% posting have no idea of what really was all involved or going on, for example, so far on CTV all I have heard was on local morning news that the opposition parties had issues with some points of the proposed legislation and were causing a commotion, not one mention of what it was really about, and its all working, the twitterverse is ready to pretty much kill all conservatives on sight now, all Scheer's fault...along same lines, earlier come across where a Dr called out that Barton bitch from CBC for fake statements and information, Barton replied back that the Dr should complain to the CBC ombudsman and not to her publicly, the Dr refused to back down and called her out again and this is when Barton replies that well not her fault, only doing her job and she was only repeating what she had been told to say....

·
Registered
3,629 Posts
I find my rage increasing with every minute this has been going on. Even civilized level headed people are falling into the frenzy pit. As soon as anyone even questions anything, they are labeled a conspiracy nut or just plain ignorant. People don't even have the right to question anything now, no matter how far out it seems. We need to start slapping people to their senses, this has gone too far.

·
Premium Member
1,467 Posts
This pandemic has proven one point i always felt about modern society, "some people are just too stupid to live".
What will be if the next pandemic had let's say instead of a 95% survival rate, it had a 95% death rate. Things are going to get real ugly if it continues, the people are not letting up on hoarding here in the city. Suddenly nobody cares about climate change and fossil fuels, you see the real them, it is all about them, and only them,

·
Registered
312 Posts
Today Peter Mackay, got into a little bit of hot water because he wanted to quickly proceed with the conservative leadership race during the Chinese flu!

·
Registered
524 Posts
captain corruption tried to sneak in ultimate powers and funding for himself in the emergency funding sitting of the house
conservatives said no way
CBC says conservatives don't care about the people or not the virus seriously
think eastern canada is a big a threat to country's well being

·
Registered
4,093 Posts
Those are the various levels of narrative control AB. Getting to the last layers when they say "I was just doing my job, reading what they told me". That is all fine and dandy if it was an isolated case of one media person in a 100 but when they all present the same story and same angle and know damn well they are a part of one big agenda then that can likely find all of them in court to defend against a form of sedition charges. That is of course if the courts follow the law and the police enforce the law to protect citizens from being lied to and misled. But that is not looking to be highly probable.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Just imagine the pocket lining that would have went on with trudeaus powers...hopefully people will see the almost irrepairable damage the liberals under trudeau have done to this country.

It almost seems as if the federal government is totally useless and irrelevant, and our sask government isn't looking much better at this point, seems all they can do is impose fines and not much of anything else...oh ya I almost forgot they say they might throw some money around too...likely won't go in the right direction anyways...I hope I am wrong...

·
Registered
362 Posts
The only decent government around here is my RM. Any dealings with provincial and they just want no accountability, just more money. More money and no accountability, totally backwards.

But yet, there is noone any better that I have seen, we need some good quality candidates in this province. Politics provincially in this province is a pretty dirty place, need more like Gary Briekrietz.

My mini rant for the evening, he...

·
Registered
362 Posts
Maybe dirty was the wrong the word...lazy and/or path of least resistance is probably more fitting...

·
Registered
362 Posts
I haven't figured out the edit yet in this crappy new forum format after you post something, also seems to be posts missing sometimes, probably my ancient equipment too...might have to finally upgrade at some point he, he...

·
Registered
3,121 Posts
If you look in the upper right corner of each post you make, there are three dots, left click on that and the choice "edit" should be there although I don't know for how many hours its viable as at some point it no longer works. Hopefully that helps out and I wish they had a delete button as well so a person could eliminate a post made in error due to hitting the wrong button like I did myself the other day.

·
Premium Member
4,996 Posts
If you look in the upper right corner of each post you make, there are three dots, left click on that and the choice "edit" should be there although I don't know for how many hours its viable as at some point it no longer works. Hopefully that helps out and I wish they had a delete button as well so a person could eliminate a post made in error due to hitting the wrong button like I did myself the other day.
Nope we have almost full edit powers again, have had for some time now, I drew the line in the sand back around new years despite some thinking I was being dumb, and fortunately a few backed me up and they gave it back to us. Think there is a limit to how many posts you can delete in a 24 hour period is about the only restriction as I recall.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Im not so sure you can, according to the faq only admin can delete a post anymore, seems like maybe you could just edit your post blank maybe, I haven't tried that. Maybe that would be too much power for a commoner to be able to do that...he...

·
Registered
524 Posts
its about time to honor and look after our vets, they have been disrespected by all parties for years. It seemed that illegals and terrorist were more important

·
Registered
4,093 Posts
If you wanted to destroy patriotism you get your best bang for your buck targetting the people who gave the most to support their country. It's no coincidence. Nor is chalked up as another idiot in power. Asking for more than the government can give - the sad thing is people beleive that. Then Trudeau goes on a phone in show and gives $50M away. I don't know what's worse, what the government did or the fact that citizens accept it as reasonable.

2641 - 2660 of 2737 Posts