The Combine Forum banner

3161 - 3180 of 3191 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
As more and more of the WE Charity sh.......stuff comes to light, it strikes me as very similar to what Morneau and Trudeau were insisting farmers and doctors guilty of "cheating the system" and not paying income tax. ME to WE donates 90% of its taxable profits to a charity, gets a lower tax rate. WE charity uses that money to buy big dollar real estate way out of proportion of other similar sized charities.All the while Trudeau and Morneau get kick backs from the charity to alter the rules so that we are turning a blind eye on these charities and throw a bunch of lucrative contracts over to the charity whenever they can. To top it all off they have basically defunded the Auditor General of Canada to make sure that no one can take a close look at things and see how far things go.

We didn't learn from how corrupt the Cretien Libs were (think sponsorship scandal), i guess this is our fault

·
Registered
2,800 Posts
Morneau reimbursed $41,000 in expenses to WE..... TODAY!!! For benefits received last summer. Just got around to it... the day he was summoned to testify about it
yup honest mistake. next

·
Premium Member
1,509 Posts
Now the prick wants to put a tax on primary residency (homes), slowly they are taking money to give to the dope-smoking welfare bums in this country. Mark my words he is going to crash the west so he can do a land grab. It's to the point we might need an armed insurrection for the sake of Canada's well being from this Stalin.
This guy has to go big time. I read only about 14 million people in Canada work and pay taxes. The rest are too old, too young, or can't, or won't.
Who is going to pay for this moron but the working class? Your farms are in peril.

·
Registered
473 Posts
Morneau reimbursed $41,000 in expenses to WE..... TODAY!!! For benefits received last summer. Just got around to it... the day he was summoned to testify about it
yup honest mistake. next
And just remembered to pay it back. I AM SO FRICKEN GLAD THIS A HOLE CAN SLEEP AT NIGHT KNOWING HE IS SCREWING CANADA. Ethics ya right.
He is so crooked he has to sleep in a grain auger.......

·
Registered
215 Posts
yup honest mistake. next
Morneau the same guy who sold $10 million in shares of his "former" company a week before new tax legislation would have had an effect on those share prices? He did donate the profits from the sale of those shares tho!! He is such a thoughtful person! I'm sure he even got a nice tax deduction for his thoughtful donation!! So he was out nothing and looked like a hero to liberal voters! These POS corrupt liberals need to go!!!

·
Registered
515 Posts
This guy has to go big time. I read only about 14 million people in Canada work and pay taxes. The rest are too old, too young, or can't, or won't.
If that is true, I fear this crooked liberal party may have 10 more years. The other 24 million people are sucking from the T I T so why would they want change.!
how in the world can they sustain a Canadian pension plan

·
Registered
4,057 Posts
We didn't learn from how corrupt the Cretien Libs were (think sponsorship scandal), i guess this is our fault
Not my fault, I didn't vote for him, but unfortunately, it's my problem.

·
Registered
4,480 Posts
Good reading in that twitter link Stevie. And yes, someone gets it. If the Bank of Canada was the citizens bank, why do we pay interest? If you have cash stored on your farm, do you pay interest to yourself when you take it out? A countries central bank works the same, it borrows via the wealth of the country. The countries debt exploded after 1974. Its not just about interest, it's about who controls your "sovereign" country if your government does not control its currency and therefore the power of its international trade.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Someone please correct me If I’m wrong, but The bank of Canada, like the Federal Reserve in the States are not owned by the respective countries , they are private banks that basically set their own rules and make their own money. I believe it was Henry Ford who was quoted as saying, if the average citizen fully understood the banking system, there would be a revolt by morning

·
Registered
4,480 Posts
There is a lot of obfuscation in that answer Steelin. It's easier looking at the Federal Reserve as that is clearly identified as a private institution. All run for your own good of course. It's is therefore harder to point clearly to BoC operating the same. The BoC could still be "owned" by Canada but if all operations and decisions are made by someone else and not the Canadian government then do you really own something. Technically yes, but if you have no control of something then what does ownership grant you. So I keep pointing out what the Bank of International Settlements is, people need to read it for themselves to understand. If the BIS coordinates all CB policy around the world then who really controls the world economy, trade, or decides which country is allowed to prosper and which is in poverty. If a country does not control its own CB, then how is that country sovereign.

And so, regarding Canada, it is a simple question. If BoC is owned by Canada and borrows from the wealth of the country to benefit all citizens, why or better yet, where do the interest payments go.

Or, a more common sense answer:
If the Fed is privately own, and they create money out of thin air to lend out and receive payment in return for this most difficult task of entering $1T into a computer, how much competition do you think exists on the planet to set up a similar business model in any other country?

If the Fed now has an un - audited (yes, of all the businesses on the planet to not audit) balance of $7T, what exactly stops them from making another $3T available for putting into the monetary system. Do we think a few owners are going to put their homes up for collateral, maybe cancel the family vacation in order to make $3T more available? And if they don't, they have to say "sorry, we are at our limit, we do everything legitimately and based on sound lending principles requiring assets to back it up just like the citizens and right now we are maxed out. $7T was our limit. "

The answers are not that hard to come by.

3161 - 3180 of 3191 Posts