The Combine Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am running a 9770 with a macdon fd75 and was looking to upgrade to a S series. But my only concern is it worth it? I know they have all new bells and whistles and bigger cab but i just always heard that these 9770's are tough to beat..what do yall usally run yalls machines to far as sep. hours and engine hours?? Thanks

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I ran with a s670 picking corn and i couldnt tell no diffrence...yes it looks new and has some cool new gadgets but that doesnt matter to me...i have 1400sep and 2020eng. hours and havent had no problems....gonna have to replace all the augers but that its just normal wear and tear...thanks guys!!

·
Premium Member
1,129 Posts
Talking to my neighbours during harvest this year whilst using their shed to weld one of the axles back onto my chaser and they said that their S670 was the worst Johny they had owned for failed bearings and hydraulic hoses and lost over 200 litres of hydraulic oil this year. They have owned John Deeres forever.

·
Registered
90 Posts
I will you some good news mate,instead of all doom and gloom. I don't no why some people own I'd if they are that bad!!!!!! My neighbours have 2x s680 and have been awesome. The capacity far out ways the 70s here in Australia in 5/6/7 ton/h wheat crops. They have been out for 3years now with very few problems. Front gauge tyres still seem to be a problem with not lasting and tailing chain seem to break a bit but still great machines

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.