The Combine Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
not maybe a problem in cooler climates but does anyone know how to keep a CTS11 cool.

When it gets really hot 35+ C the machine needs to be babied along to stop it from boiling.

I can slow it down a little by turning the heater on and letting myself be the radiator and stripping down to my jocks and opening up the door on the upwind side.

by the by it does not make a difference how clean the radiator is it just will not cope.

I have considered making a aluminium tank with cooling fins and pipes put in it to plum the cab heating lines through it to increase the cooling area and the volume of coolant, but unless you increase area the volume will only increase the time it takes to get hot not how hot it will get.

could the heater be run without dumping the hot air into the cab while still giving me air conditioning?

this is common on these machines in Australian conditions as my Dads one did exactly the same thing.

Any better suggestions

·
Registered
778 Posts
I would just tee off another small rad from the cab heater lines and leave the cab heater functional. Mount it out of the dust somewhere with an electric fan on it. This would be easier and cheaper than trying to fit a larger main rad.

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I wonder if a radiator out of a Hilux would do the job, i have one sitting in my shed floor, just a little scuffed from hitting a kangaroo but otherwise intact and sealed, would you have to seal off the overflow line?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts