The Combine Forum banner

21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
5,315 Posts
It looks like you have room for a big thick and round billet flywheel on that pedal crank. ?

Maybe a big barbell weight would stay in the budget easier.

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
This is a little trick I learned since I don't have rockstar access to a metal brake.. I'm using 1/8" plate to make my frame extension.
With the plasma I cut 98% the way, makes it easy to bend, yea I gotta weld it up anyway... but this way it stays all lined up.

Stretched err out!

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
I have a hundred bucks for anyone who can get the torque ripple on the sidewalls of those boots, at proper psi of course. Looking good Anvil.

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Took a page from modern equipment manufacturers... built the pedal crank assembly as a non serviceable unit... she's fully welded together! I figure the kids should get at least 100,000km out of those bearings....?

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Rear section conplete.
Pin drive on wheels to allow the drive to be easily disconnected from one wheel so the kids can still drive around for fun... with both of those big wheels driving there is no steering!

On to front, pulled the halves apart to upgrade the steering and replace the plastic junk with metal.
I also need to find a way to get more steering angle out of it since with the stretched wheelbase the turning radius must be 20 feet.

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Beefed up the steering column since heavier is better and the steering wheel I'm using weighs about 8 lbs. (Cast iron)
Rebuilt the front axle and steering components.
The center ling is not done yet... it will get beefier, it's just tacked together now so I could check that the geometry works.

·
Registered
3,598 Posts
By the time you are finished , it will be a real tractor! Nice work!

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
Bead blasted today.... paint tomorrow.... will have pics of it in all its green/yellow/chrome glory before too long.. thanks for checking it out. And thanks for the compliments ?

·
Registered
3,598 Posts
Only one thing missing, where is the emissions system??!!! Or did you do a delete?

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
Im looking for a cheap smoke machine for your stack?

21 - 38 of 38 Posts