The Combine Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there any way to stop the pop up adds and general advertising gastric that is spoiling my computer time ???
Hows tha serenity ?? SHART. IT IS. it used to be sweet as, but now I am always the 1 millionth costumer or being targeted in some way.

WELL I HERE BY PLEDGE TO NEVER BUY ANYTHING THAT IS SHOVED IN MY FACE. Unless I ask for it or really really want it .lmao.

Any suggestions to lessen the amount ??:p

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
Hello All
For those installing it.

From this.

To this.

After you load it, click on the little stop sign at the bottom of your screen to go to settings. Than un-check the "Allow some non-intrusive advertising".

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
I use ghostery, its a tracker blocker. I think it keeps pop ups from flooding my computer screen, it certainly keeps everything else clean. I know I havent downloaded a specific adblocker, just ghostery. I have 15-20 trackers being blocked at any given time. Data mining is more annoying than a jehova's witness your trying to shoo off your porch.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Just thought I would get this thread back in active topics because 3 or 4 people have complained about the adds and the link on this fixes all those pesky buggers.

https://adblockplus.org/

Thanks again jaymo and Andrew d

I downloaded this as well and it worked well on my PC.....no more ads.

I tried on an Ipad but it wouldn't work. Is there a program anyone knows about that would work for an Ipad?

·
Premium Member
319 Posts
There is an different internet browser you can download for ipads but it only has a free trial period which removes the ads but it was costly. I just paid the premium fee for combine forum as I use it too often to be hassled with ads.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.