The Combine Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm currently using a Kinze 1050 Softred which has been nearly bulletproof. I'm wanting to move to a tracked cart for less soil compaction, and like the 1300 size at least on paper. Kinze has always held resale so well I hate to look at anything else, but the Brent Avalanche looks good. I think I can get good parts/service on both brands. The joystick and the separate auger drives on the Kinze looks better, but the cleanout doors and price tag on the Brent look better. Also, Brent has been doing the swivel auger longer than Kinze, but I believe both recommend folding the auger every time you chase down the combine. We don't want to change our habit of leaving the auger up except to change fields. Has anybody had any issues with either of these newer carts? Also the value of the corner auger?

·
Registered
96 Posts
We just got a Brent 1196 last year, upgraded from a 2004 Brent 1084. We ran our 1084 9 seasons and never had a problem. It was bullet proof so I'm hoping the same for our new one. As far as kinze, the price is what sets them apart and the service, most JD and Case IH dealerships around us sell Brent. As far as them Kinzes holding value, just looked on tractor house at used and I see a number of 2010-2011 Kinze 1050s that asking price is around our 2003 Brent's trade in value that our dealer gave us. That was an eye opener. We've never put the auger down unless we changed fields. Have been on a first name basis with the boys from Shell Rock for a long time and that won't change even though Unverferth owns them. They are industry leaders, not followers IMHO. I like the Kinze corner auger though, gets the operator closer to the grain to see whats going on which equals less neck and back pain. Both are nice just prefer a Brent. Blue and black is fine if you run new holland tractors

·
Registered
181 Posts
Have run a Kinze 1500 for 2 years now. Only problem was some shavings plugging some of the spout hyds. Also, 1 of the electric switches failed. Otherwise, we do as you do, spout out all the time. I like the joystick, would want it again.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.