The Combine Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anybody had experience with Kirchner duals on a 7720 with non-planetary final drive? Are they placing an undue amount of stress on the inner wheel's bolt circle or the final drive itself? Love the thought of 36 inches of rubber on the ground on each side with 18.4x38 duals and not running on the rows. Only standard grain tank on this combine....no extensions. Are these worth a try or shound I steer clear? Want the floatation and stability of this setup, not to run in mud.

·
Registered
200 Posts
the first owner of my 7720 put on a set of duals they made in their shop which were very similar to the ones you are looking at. standard tank and all and it was about 200 acres and they snapped off the left final drive. the 8820 planets are a much stronger item, and since they put them on it has been 2 other owners and almost 5000 hours with no problems if you don't count the one time some kids stole the machine and tried to jump a ditch in road gear. that time it snapped the bolts, but no machine would stand up to that. the stability is great especially with an 8/30 corn head on. i was doing corn last week on a sloped and sticky hill and it steered great. neighbor with singles on a red machine was going up hill at a fair angle to the rows.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts