The Combine Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My knees are causing me terrible pain I’ve been told replacements may help, but I don’t want to loose what I have if they don’t help. Has anyone had experience with this problem

·
Registered
540 Posts
Couple of uncles have had them done and they are back at it pretty quick. There are videos out there that show the whole procedure. The surgeons get to use power tools lol.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have constant pain on the knee cap area while trying to get in and out of equipment or walking up stairs

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
My dad had both of his knees down and it eliminated almost all his pain. He ended up flying to B.C. to have it done at a private clinic on his own dime. He never regretted paying for his operation at any time.Waiting times were at least 2 years at that time.

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
My aunt and dad had both done. 3 out of the 4 knees worked. The 4th was my dadslast knee done about 10 years after the first. He wasn't very active already and figured getting in and out of the tractor was better then the exercise they give you to do. It wasn't. Keep up with the exercise and you will be good.

·
Registered
4,170 Posts
I have an uncle as well had it done and it’s been life changing. Same story though just went to the U.S and cut a cheque.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Are you sure it’s your knee? The wife’s Dad had knee pain for quite a while, when he went to have them checked his knees were fine. A little more digging found his hip was shot, he just assumed since his knee hurt first that was what was causing all his leg pain. Had his hip done a year and a half ago and said it was amazing how the pain was instantly gone as soon as he woke up.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Had them both done Jan 2018. I've had great success w/ them. I don't even think about my knees anymore, they just flat out work w/ no pain. First 2 weeks after surgery will be a little rough. Out until 6 weeks you'll be moving slow, but getting around okay and doing most things. It will take until 6 months until I really felt like I owned them and they were part of me.

My knees are causing me terrible pain I’ve been told replacements may help, but I don’t want to loose what I have if they don’t help. Has anyone had experience with this problem

·
Registered
431 Posts
I had knee pain when sitting for hours at a time on the tractor. Would help if I stretched it out straight and rested it on a tool box in the corner of the cab. I thought I’d need a new knee but was cartilage getting caught in the joint that had broken loose. New knee is on the cards but for now it was a quick fix. Father in-law had his done recently but he wasn’t very active to start with and carried a lot of extra weight. Being fit and active would be a big help to speed the recovery.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I get a lot of pain sitting, I had them cleaned out once but was told it was a one time fix And to live with the pain as long as you can and next time would be replacement.

·
Registered
3,957 Posts
Get them to put a grease fitting in them when you get them done, a couple shots of fully synthetic grease every 50 hours should keep you running smooth!

·
Premium Member
5,232 Posts
I know everyone is different and what works for one isn't the same for another, but with many years experience with lower back issues, knee and hip pain occurring while sitting, if I keep my ass above my knees I am much better for a longer period of time. It is why I can not sit in nor drive a car. Headroom is something I look at when it comes to vehicles and more for this very reason. Knee issues originated from a torn cartilage incident over 30 years ago, had surgery to fix it at the time, but its never been the same since.

I also can never kneel on cold or wet ground, that just sets incredible pain into motion, always use something soft or at least dry to kneel on if I have to get down like that. Have a few small air plane tires that work really great for that.

·
Premium Member
953 Posts
My auntie woke up while they were still replacing her knee, reckons the doctor was using a hammer with force at the time lol. Her and dad both had their knees replaced and is/was glad they did.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts