The Combine Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone work on one of these- engage rototiller in air - spins fine- put it to the ground & it stops- like a clutch pack is fried- was wondering what engages that pack- I think it’s oil pressure- but not sure- thks

·
Registered
937 Posts
Could just be the slip clutch on the rototiller its self. It would most likely be mounted to the 90 degree main gear box on the mower. Check the tension on the bolts that apply tension to the friction plates, or springs or what every they use. There should be a specification in your manual.

·
Premium Member
5,232 Posts
I have seen similar happen with different kinds of machines where something as simple as a key or shear pin had fallen out or sheared, the friction fit was enough to drive it with no load but everything stood still once there was.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thks- checked those- the pto shaft coming out of back of tractor stops- it’s for a neighbour- didn’t want to split his tractor until I understood a little better how it worked- I’m very busy with my own work at the moment- and haven’t had any time to look too closely- but I think when you move the pto lever it opens a valve that allows oil to engage an internal piston that apples a clutch pack- kubota wants him to bring it in- but he can’t afford it- was hoping it was simply lack of pressure to clutch pack but kubota hasn’t really given any info on how to check it

·
Premium Member
5,232 Posts
K well yea if its the shaft coming out of the tractor not turning then nothing wrong with the tiller...you got replies for what you asked lol.
Gonna give you some real good advice, under no circumstances start tearing things apart until that tractor has been tested properly as the dealer suggested, if he don't want to take it in, then get the service manuals so you can do it properly yourselves, there is a good possibility it is an external adjustment that needs to made is all, anything is possible and long distance diagnosis is impossible.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts