The Combine Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,091 Posts
Anyone using kubota mx126 or similar size? want to know people think of the larger kubota sizes.
I have a older M120 and it's been a good tractor. All that been done to it is front wheel seals that were ruined by twine. It's the first tractor I have owned that doesn't leak oil all over the place in the winter and it will start - 40 if forgot to be plugged in. They are light on the back end so I would recommend adding weights. Very dependable tractor in my opinion.

·
Registered
927 Posts
the Kubota seems to be a good little tractor as a couple of neighbors have them and they seem to be trouble free. When I was pricing out a tractor I looked at the mx 126, JD 6145m, CIH mx135 and MF 5470. I ending up buying the MF 5470 for about 8000 more then the Kubota, but it had more options and what I thought a better transmission. I really like my tractor after 2 yrs. of trouble free service it too starts really good in cold weather even if it isn't plugged in.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Had a MX5100 for 4 yrs. Problem free machine but most definitely built on the cheap/light side compared to 50ish hp tractors of yesteryear. Just went to a M9960 this fall. It is an OK tractor but again feels quite cheap and flimsy in a lot of areas. It was quite a bit more $ to move into the MX series. The things I dislike the most are the crappy seat, the terrible ride, poorly placed/sized right console controls, and most importantly the stupid DPF burnoff button that you have to turn on every time you start the tractor if you want it to burnoff automatically. Overall the Kubotas I've dealt with just have a cheap feel to them. I had a higher opinion of them before I actually owned one. It hindsight I should have looked at Case, NH or MF of similar size (JD was nice too but is way overpriced compared to all others of similar specs).

·
Registered
927 Posts
yes the JD is way overpriced it came in at 31000 more for a bare bones tractor compared to loaded MF or CaseIH ended up with the MF as it still did not have the DEF system in it as the CaseIh already had it. Another thing is the hydraulics the MF had closed center putting out 29 gal/min were the Kubota was an open center 22 gal/min

·
Premium Member
4,091 Posts
yes the JD is way overpriced it came in at 31000 more for a bare bones tractor compared to loaded MF or CaseIH ended up with the MF as it still did not have the DEF system in it as the CaseIh already had it. Another thing is the hydraulics the MF had closed center putting out 29 gal/min were the Kubota was an open center 22 gal/min
Open center is not a bad thing in a loader tractor for winter use, in my closed center tractors I had to use a jumper hose to keep hydraulic oil circulating so hydraulics and steering will work.

·
Registered
233 Posts
bought a M126x new 4 years ago. Overall has been a good chore tractor - and yes winter starting is probably its best feature. I like the 8 speed powershift transmission for baling too. With open centers baling and loader work is about all its good for. They went to a much bigger block 4 cyl engine on the M1--x series and it seems to have lots of power for whatever pto work we do with it.

the old 120's and the new gx's have the hyd pump mounted of the engine somewhere and run way quieter than the 125 and 126x series where the pump is located off of the transmission. hang every weight that you can off the back if doing loader work with it! we torque all of the wheel bolts and loader mount brackets every time we do an oil change.... 2500 hrs and for some reason still seem to creep loose in the interim.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.