The Combine Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went to the farm show in Des Moines last week and talked to the guys from Kuchar combine performance and they say with their concaves, it will give you more capacity and use less fuel. Just wondering if anybody has any experience with them.
Here is their website..
www.kucharcombines.com

·
Registered
929 Posts
Next season will be the first I have run these concaves but my dealer hates to send an 70/8010 out without them. A neighbor of mine has been working with the 8010 since it came out and he is a very sharp guy that likes things to work well. He feels this is the most important thing he has done to his 8010's to increase performance.

Our dealer demo'd an 8010 to a guy a few miles south of here b/c the area sales guy promised this fellow an on farm demo. Our dealer said they wouldn't take the machine to him with stock grates/concaves. So IH actually paid to have the dealer put them in it.

I know they have made some improvements in the feeding system of these machines so i don't know how big of a deal they are now, but i know of the 5-6 8010s in my area they all run kuchar grates/concaves.

I think their cornheads are part of the problem as well. They take in more trash which tends to plug the grates/concaves on the 8010s pretty bad in my area.

I guess I will know more next year having them in my 7010.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply, all the feedback from you and the thread in the jd section all seems to be positive about kuchar. We would be putting the concaves in an 88. I agree that the new holland cornheads take in too much trash.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts