The Combine Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
I have a 9500 and need to replace the concave. Was wondering if anyone had heard of a kuchar concave or used one. I called and talked to them about it and they said it reduces back feeding over the cylinder, and threshing area increased because it fits the cylinder perfectly. They said on the Deere concaves they use bars 2-8 are used to separate and on the kuchar bars 1-14 are used. Was just trying to get some info because the price is $2700 or if i should look at some other aftermarket concaves. O yes and the crops I harvest are corn, beans, wheat, and barley. Thanks for any help

·
Registered
5,381 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
TX, I did not mention St. John's only because the original question asked about the Kuchar concave. Yes, I believe Terry knows combines as good as anyone, too. I've known Terry a long time, myself. I was thinking more about the Kuchar one, because while St John's has a stronger one, the Kuchar one is a modified concave.

·
Registered
530 Posts
Kuchar wants 2900 dollars for his concave. I kind of choked a bit when he told me what he wanted for his parts. 1900 for walker risers. 1200 for chaff breaker. 750 for the air fan kit. I asked why the high cost for risers, came to 65 bucks a piece, he said "your paying for that patend on those parts" Oh you mean the same patent that was paid for the first time you sold a set of these? George stated that I would get "30%" more out of my 9650 walker adding his parts.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts