The Combine Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone running Kuchar concaves in the 9500/9505 series Massey/Challenger combine? Looking to improve efficiency/sample/power. What is their longevity?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Anyone running Kuchar concaves in the 9500/9505 series Massey/Challenger combine? Looking to improve efficiency/sample/power. What is their longevity?
Twin Stacks...this is off topic, but I did see an old post where you had a 9700 white parked in your shed. Do you still have this machine. We need a good rotor for our 9720 or 8590 combines. If you have one or know of one we would sincerely appreciate it. Many thanks for your posts and all the best in 2020. We have several of the white articulated tractors including a 4-270. long story...tic tic noise would become apparent around 220 hp and get louder at 290 on the dyno. Prior to this we had the head done (leaking head gasket) new turbo and had the fuel pump rebuilt. This is when the noise started...we tore the engine down and checked every mechanical part in that engine..everything was perfect...had the head rechecked...no problem...had the rebuilt diesel pump installed.....same problem....cracked the injector line open on number 5 cylinder,,same noise.....checked injectors..all perfect. Interchanged no 1 injector and number 5 injector same noise.....pump back to rebuilder.....everything checked out 100 percent. We thought that number 5 cylinder was being overfueled creating this noise.....any suggestions....3306 engine thanks
bill ...any suggestions from anyone would be greatly appreciated on the rotor and the tractor

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Twin Stacks...this is off topic, but I did see an old post where you had a 9700 white parked in your shed. Do you still have this machine. We need a good rotor for our 9720 or 8590 combines. If you have one or know of one we would sincerely appreciate it. Many thanks for your posts and all the best in 2020. We have several of the white articulated tractors including a 4-270. long story...tic tic noise would become apparent around 220 hp and get louder at 290 on the dyno. Prior to this we had the head done (leaking head gasket) new turbo and had the fuel pump rebuilt. This is when the noise started...we tore the engine down and checked every mechanical part in that engine..everything was perfect...had the head rechecked...no problem...had the rebuilt diesel pump installed.....same problem....cracked the injector line open on number 5 cylinder,,same noise.....checked injectors..all perfect. Interchanged no 1 injector and number 5 injector same noise.....pump back to rebuilder.....everything checked out 100 percent. We thought that number 5 cylinder was being overfueled creating this noise.....any suggestions....3306 engine thanks
bill ...any suggestions from anyone would be greatly appreciated on the rotor and the tractor
Yes we still have the 9700 in the shed but need to find out who actually owns it, brother or dad. I'll let you know in a couple of weeks as he is on vacation. I would rather get rid of the whole works because once I start dismantling it is only worth the price of scrap iron.
As far as the tic in the engine, could it be an exhaust gasket leaking, have you checked the camshaft lift or even the pushrods or rockers? Sounds like you are checking everything I would have checked. Have you checked with Cat? I would love to own one but sounds like parts are getting hard to find. I think I'll stick with my 4-150, 4-210, & 4-225 as I don't need a nother big horse. Best of luck!!

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Before we quit using it the rotor was rebuilt/balanced in Worthington, MN & I rebuilt the rotor drive gearbox, rebuilt the 3 speed transmission, & adjusted the final drives preload,

·
Registered
7 Posts
Before we quit using it the rotor was rebuilt/balanced in Worthington, MN & I rebuilt the rotor drive gearbox, rebuilt the 3 speed transmission, & adjusted the final drives preload,
Twin stacks would it be possible for you to e-mail me your phone and e-mail information
we are interested in the combine. [email protected] phone 1-519-360-7121
thanks very much.
Bill

1 - 6 of 6 Posts