The Combine Forum banner

kuchar concaves?

7K views 10 replies 6 participants last post by  watglen 
#1 ·
how many guys run them in 88's or the large frame machines? kuchars seem to know a lot after talking at fps. hate changing them dam roundbars. looks like the deere's can be helped more by them than the red machines. any experience appreicated. FT

#3 ·
looks like the bullet rotor is a joke, after seeing a used one at FPS. if I had a green combine, I'd dump the bullet and get a kuchar one asap. listened in on a explanation of why theirs work in a 9600 better. made a lot of sense. I think they would work in our red combines as well. seems like they haven't changed their design much in a lot of years.

#6 ·
We ran them on our 2188 a few years back. We cut a lot of high moisture corn and there added capacity in a limited hp machine was great. We left them in through soybeans, milo, and wheat using cover plates. The cover plate setup didn't do quite as clean of job as advertised on the small grains, but was adequate. Thought hard about putting them in our 7088 just to match more capacity with hp, but without high moisture corn anymore didn't feel it was necessary.

Scott

#8 ·
we had really good luck with them as far as capacity increase in all crops, however, while the corn and soybean sample was much better with the kuchars, we could get a little cleaner wheat sample with the factory small wire concaves. but like has been said, its worth it not to have to change concaves, especially in fall harvest where we go from corn to milo and corn again sometimes in the course of several days

#9 ·
My neighbour just ran them on wheat first time this year. He is raving about them (raving good that is) Capacity is up enough so that the the feeder house becomes the choke point.

Per Kuchars direction, he cut the first row of rasps bars off the rotor. Removed the mount and everything. This is intended to allow more room for the material to get into the concave area before starting threshing. It makes sense

#10 ·
is that on a 2388 machine? I noticed a 7088 machine when i was in GI the other day has the rasp bars further back on the rotor. and some additional flighting. isnt their a update for 23's to do this? dam hair pinning is the biggest problem i have in corn. round bars do great but i still think their is another answer.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.