The Combine Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't think changing the accelerator will help with the cracking. If anything it might crack more. The reason most give for doing the upgrade is it feeds the rotor smoother hence the operator can go faster with out fear of plugging the big beater.

·
Registered
961 Posts
your probably right. our dealer has a slow-down kit for the accelerator. has anyone ran one of these? if so, any trouble with pluggin when in slow speed?

·
Registered
504 Posts
Are there any aftermarket guys that make a helical vane beater for the STS or would that be patent infringement on the other combine builders? I know on the 9750 I had, the front beater was the worst thing about it. Piece of crap design in my opinion. Would plug in the easiest of harvesting conditions. When things got tough it only got worse. Running 2 Massey rotors now and have choked up the front feed beater once... on 3 different machines in 7 years.

·
Registered
961 Posts
anyone run kuchars feed accelerator in a 9660sts? if so, how did it perform? is it more gentle on crops? the machine does fine in soybeans but we think the accelerator is cracking quite a few in real dry black eyed peas and black beans.

·
Registered
620 Posts
Slow down kit on the feed accelerator will greatly increase feeder house back feeding in high volume crops. I does improve the grain quality but at the sacrifice of capacity.

·
Registered
778 Posts
I find it hard to believe that the feed accelerator is capable of damaging grain, especially in low speed. You probably have the standard accelerator so low speed is 440 rpm. Because of the much small diameter compared to the rotor, it's like the rotor running at 150 rpm as far as tip speed. Never seen problems like that around here. Turn the paddles around to use the smooth edge. should help a bit.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts