The Combine Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Kwik crimp Super 2 and the cylinders won't retract the last 1/4 inch to enable me to take out the dies. Hoping someone may know a solution.
Thanks

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
I’ve had to pry on mine to get the rams to retract. It’s also been rapped with a hammer to get it to retract. It’s always stuck at the top of the crimp stroke, once it starts to retract it bottoms out. Maybe yours sticks at the bottom of the stroke and a prybar or gentle persuasion with a hammer will get it to bottom out. Mine is a 501 not a Super2.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the suggestion reefer I have belted it with a mesh hammer I might have to get a bit more serious.I thought maybe there was a way to adjust the position.

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
Found the K501 manual it’s pretty basic and gives no insight into a problem like you’re having.
So here is what I’m guessing is happening. You are trying to take the dies out by taking them out the outside. They are are only removable through the center crimp hole. Push all the dies toward the outside, then grab one and pull it into the center, with a bit of wiggling (and likely some bad words) the first one will come out of the press body, after that they’re fairly easy. Putting them back in is easy until the last one then the cussing repeats,lol.

If that description isn’t clear let me know and I’ll do a video and put it on YouTube for you.

Hopefully that solves the problem. That machine has been the most useful piece of kit ever bought on this farm. It’s been here for 39yrs(the packing receipts were with the manual) and except for the occasionally sticky Ram it’s been trouble free.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts