The Combine Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 1982 L2 and the hydro is erratic On level ground in second gear driving from 1 to 3 mph it will just about stop moving then surge forward then slow down then do it again it does this in forward or revers and at slower speeds in first gear it is not noticeable at higher speeds I put a tee in at charge pump inlet hose and has 200psi at idle warm and 300psi at high idle warm any ideas are welcome I just bought the machine but do know the hydro was rebuilt 500 to 600hrs ago but machine has sat for the last 4 or 5 years it has real good power compared to my L3 Thanks Jess

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
found the problem, a weld broke I took off the servo valve and there is a piece of flat iron that is welded to a sleeve that directs oil to the servo cyl in relation to the swash plate angle and that weld had broke but was still rough enough to turn it but it had to much play in it welded it back together and it works great

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
make sure and keep fresh filters in the hydraulic system, dont starve the hydro for oil.

·
Registered
597 Posts
Jess... Thanks for posting how you solved your hydro problem, I wish more of the people on this site would do that. The '82 L-2 is a nice machine, we have a couple of them that have served us well for many years.. good luck with yours.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.