The Combine Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am assisting in repairing our L2. The problem is that the bearing on the drive side of the threshing cylinder went out. Replacing the bearing isn't the problem, it is taking off the hub that the pulley mounts onto. It would not come off. We ended up cutting it. Now the problem is that the hub and pulley we had was an eight bolt and all of the parts books show only a four bolt. Does anyone know what is special about this and if switching to an four bolt hub will be a problem? Thank you.

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
What year is your machine? If not for certain, post the serial number.

if it has the wide range cylinder, they came with the 8 bolt. if its a 1978 or older, it should have the 4 bolt.

I have seen them interchanged both ways, but it wont be "right"

I just popped over to AGCO Parts Books.com and here is what I interpreted:

713101181 HUB (wide range V-S)(Eff. S/N 17501 thru 28000)

This should definitely be an 8 bolt hub. I also see that other hubs on the page have the same part number, so I imagine what they did was quit making the 4 bolt, and only sell the 8 bolt.

That is my interpretation though, who knows, a darn 4 bolt will probably show up...

·
Registered
407 Posts
I'm sure four would run it, especially if they are Gr8 bolts and lock nuts. Four used to be enough on older machines, right?? Would think after mounting the 8 bolt pulley to the new four bolt hub, it would be very easy to drill four more holes.

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
mnjosh, any updates?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.