The Combine Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Put a new grain floor (the pan just under the straw walkers). New sheet steel, new rubbers on sides but my old frame. Frame looked true but had been welded at sometime like most.

I notice that one side of this pan (the left side) has a 1/8" gap between rubber shield and the side of combine. The gap tapers down to nothing about a 1/3 of the way in. The right side rubbers are tight right to back.

The frame must be out just a bit (had to spot weld the new pan on to frame -same as factory).

Does a gap like that matter and if so how to fix?

I figure there should not be much grain that far back on the walkers to fall thru to the pan and hit that small gap. Any thoughts appreciated.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Is your pan doing a hula dance back there,moving side to side as well as up and down?If so it will break,check that all drive sprockets are tight and not rocking on there keys and they are in time on both sides.Gleaner had problems with the grain pans in the early M's,and put a redesigned pan in as a warranty item.So keep good rubber bushings on it.The grain going through gap will fall on the sieve so should be saved.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.