The Combine Forum banner
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
661 Posts
We see 30 bu differences on a 40 ft header , crazy how yield fluctuate this year .
and yes average will be crap.
But Basf has a new and better $$$

·
Registered
978 Posts
That is really interesting daniel. Depending on the health of the canola plant, after you swath the canola there is still life left in the plants to fill pods. Also if you swath at night or your conditions are damp or rainy the canola will not cure as quickly as if it is 30 c and windy so the seeds may not shrink up as much . Once you spray , it game over I believe for seed growth especially if it is a desiccant.
unless your spraying Reglone it’s not dead right after you spray. Gly takes 5 to 7 days to start to act in good weather and so does heat. Why do you think everyone complains that pre harvest never works in the fall for 2 weeks?

·
Registered
1,956 Posts
Had 340 planted beside 345 and only seen about 100 lbs less.
Wouldnt you know it l252 yielded over fifty and l345pc went 43. Side by side half sections so pretty good average between the two varieties. Two years in row l345pc came in second. To its defense l345pc is a shorter season but 5 days maturity should not make that big of a difference.
I booked all l252 for 22 again .
From what I've gleaned from are area (South of MJ) L345 shouldn't be used as the benchmark. With all the wind and heavy rain (some hail) this fall Its pod shatter capabilities don't compare to l233p.

·
Registered
71 Posts
unless your spraying Reglone it’s not dead right after you spray. Gly takes 5 to 7 days to start to act in good weather and so does heat. Why do you think everyone complains that pre harvest never works in the fall for 2 weeks?
sprayed gly and heat

·
Registered
4,949 Posts
Once you spray , it game over I believe for seed growth especially if it is a desiccant.
Nearly always desiccated canola ends up with much larger seed size than swathing usually. No idea what would cause the swathed stuff to be larger this time around.

I'm a bit surprised you could spray glyphosate and heat from an airplane. Around here, none of the spray plane companies will spray glyphosate. Killed too many trees over the years.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Nearly always desiccated canola ends up with much larger seed size than swathing usually. No idea what would cause the swathed stuff to be larger this time around.

I'm a bit surprised you could spray glyphosate and heat from an airplane. Around here, none of the spray plane companies will spray glyphosate. Killed too many trees over the years.
swathed the first 4 round first so that is 120ft from edge

21 - 26 of 26 Posts